Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Have just recently taken delivery of an Alfa Romeo Mito 95bhp Diesel Lusso.The Handbrake is very high and does not lock until 7 clicks.I have searched in vain to try and find adjustment.All the handbook tells me is take to dealer.Any one know how to adjust handbrake.
Many Thanks for all comments

G

·
Hmm, bit far to travel back then :lol:

Is there still plenty of pad left on the rear brakes?

Adjustment-wise - no idea on the MiTo sorry, but on other Alfa's, if you remove the handbrake gaitor, an adjuster can be seen - just a thought :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is a new car only done 1800 miles so plenty of brake pad left.I traded in a GTV to get this car and as you say handbrake adjust was under gaitor and a doddle to adjust.The Mito is nice but not as good as the GTV but my running costs have dropped by 60% so cant complain really.It is doing about 55mpg mixed driving which is quite good and the Road Tax for the first year is NIL then £30 pa after.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine is the same. I have to park on a steep drive and it's the last click on the handbrake, but no problems so far, but I guess the cable will stretch with time. So if you find out how to adjust without a trip to dealer, let us know.

G

·
Leave it in gear when parked up until you get it looked at.

Many cases of new cars rolling on the handbrake
with varying degrees of resulting damage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts