Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a mito and want to get some bits for it to increase acceleration spoke to a few people who recommended a K&N air filter, thought id sign up to this for the best advice and maybe some one who has ha this fitted themselves,

thank guys

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to disappoint though, I had a K&N panel filter in my previous 95bhp mito and it made 0 difference from what I could tell! But,no harm in putting one in as its better quality than the stock one. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! my first reply haha, cheers though mate a few people i spoke to said it sounds better ? not sure weather to just save up and upgrade as i do love the mito :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
You could try a BMC filter? That makes a noise difference on the turbos.
I upgraded to a QV in October and it flies in comparison with the same road tax, quite similar mpg, and what ended up as cheaper insurance for me!? Well worth it! How long you had yours?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi i have a mito and want to get some bits for it to increase acceleration spoke to a few people who recommended a K&N air filter, thought id sign up to this for the best advice and maybe some one who has ha this fitted themselves,
K&N might give a little rasp and wouldn't effect the insurance.

Could consider a GSR induction kit. Noticed Pete is doing them again. Only one with proven gains. Some have reported gains up to 8bhp. Doesn't necessarily need a re-map. I did fit a Pipercross kit on a 500 1.4 with limited success.
Denso iridium spark plugs. Wouldn't give any gains but you'll feel a slight difference and they're more efficient. 2 types - the IX & the dearer & hard to justify VX. NGK iridiums are cheaper & last as long as the VX but didn't notice any difference. Cheap out the thread on the AF.
Remove the middle silencer box using a straight through pipe. Will not do you any favours on the motorway but might give a slight gain. Have not done this but a cheap mod.

Next stage you're into supersprint / janspeed manifolds, sports cats, re-maps etc. which is ££££. Contemplated this but got sense.

Or save for a 155TB that as a sound gearbox or if you can find out more about a QV....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I'm definatley gong to invest in a air filter but from what I've been reading there's not much more I can do with my model so I think I'm going to have to upgrade, I've had it just over a year now love it but feel like I need more power

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've done a lot of looking into this whilst bored, so heres my findings:

indunction kit: Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa MiTo K&N 57i Kit K&N 57i Kit 31599 - 31598

exaust: ALFA ROMEO MiTo 1.4i MultiAir 16V (95 / 105 Hp) 2009 ??, exhaust system

Fast Road Camshaft: Performance Camshafts for Fiat Grande Punto (though beware, gazzell racing have had bad press on this site!)

Remap: AHM AlfaFiatCare - Alfa Romeo Remaps & DPF Removal

Supercharger (if you reaaalllyy wanna splash out!): JCR Racing - Performance As Standard

thats the best of what i could find :) although ill be the first to say it, because im sure many others will, just save up and change to a turbocharged mito as soon as you can!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I wouldn't personally spend too much chasing performance on a 95.

Best thing to do IMO would be to keep an eye out for a decent 155 ;).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is the link for the GSR induction setup. When I went looking for one I couldn't get it. When you go to sell you can easily take it off and return to standard.

Squeezing power out of a NA is an expensive affair. Simple things like servicing your car should not be overlooked. Spark plugs are cheap and a new set before the 18k wouldn't break the bank. Plus they'll pay for themselves in better mpg.

Lightening your car removing weight e.g. Back seat ! Etc. if you're desperate. :)

The K&N induction kits are really a waste of money. Getting the pipe length correct requires of lot of experimenting hence why a custom setup is best.

QV verus 155TB on a RR is 163bhp verus 162bhp but theres's more potential with the MA.

·
Registered
253 Posts
As others have said just buy a faster MiTo rather than waste money trying to get more power out of the NA engine. 155s are going at a reasonable price now or if you're feeling flush get the QV with the adaptive suspension which is probably the most noticeable difference between the 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts