Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
G

·
I just drive in D most of the time as, although N is perfectly fine generally, the aweful mito steering feel is somewhat masked in D mode.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

·
Registered
777 Posts
some geezer with a guiletta says you can turn off the traction control completely if you hold it in D for 10 seconds. Is this true of the Mito?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I drive mostly in N mode for better mpg, as when im in D i just get addicted to flooring it! For driving around town N is the best for me with the lighter steering. also in D i get 20mpg or i can get high 40's in n mode.

By that i just mean that my drivi g habbits are different in N and D mode causibg the big differences in mpg.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I came from a Golf GT TDI remapped to 180BHP.

I just cannot live with N

I struggle with people saying they cannot drive it in town in N, I'm the opposite there is WAY too much lag in N for town driving "see the gap go for it , damn missed the gap Fing N mode"

I got used to lots of bottom end with the Golf and find it easier to predict what the car is going to do in D, N just feels random in it's response to the pedal.

As for MPG I can get the same in D and N, in D it just means it's all there if you need it suddenly rather than thinking "hmm could have done with D there shame I'm in N".

·
Registered
93 Posts
135+TCT = stress in town and hard work.
I use N to lighten the steering and soften the throttle. There is enough torque.
Yes there are stone chip generators who will pull into any gap, but they like paying >80% tax for the privilege of waiting as you roll up to join them at the next red light.
Holding D for 10" hasn't worked when in gear, not tried at a standstill yet.
DNA growing on me, it does tune it to suit the conditions.
QV drivers: I'd be interested to know the variance on suspension and any thoughts

·
Registered
14 Posts
As for MPG I can get the same in D and N, in D it just means it's all there if you need it suddenly rather than thinking "hmm could have done with D there shame I'm in N".
Those are exactly my thoughts too. I'd rather drive smoothly and un-jerkily by using my right foot on the accelerator pedal than having the computer sponge out the throttle pedal for me.

I do appreciate that the N-mode is there though. For some, D is just too 'highly strung' (I say that in quotation marks because, compared to a lot of cars, it's not really) but having the option there allows the MiTo to appeal to a broader segment of buyers!

G

·
I would say most cars are somewhere between N and D for throttle response, my previous Corolla was and Mrs C's Fiesta certainly is.
The adaptive suspension makes a heck of a difference to how the car responds - in D the ride's no harder than N but the car is much more composed. Either way it's a much better drive than the 135 I tested back to back.

·
Registered
777 Posts
my feeling is they designed the car to be driven in D. Then they detuned it to get better economy and drivability round town in N. For me there is a place for both. 90% of my driving is in traffic so N suits most of the time. But when the road opens up in front of me. I can stick it in D and i'm off!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I came from a Golf GT TDI remapped to 180BHP.

I just cannot live with N

I struggle with people saying they cannot drive it in town in N, I'm the opposite there is WAY too much lag in N for town driving "see the gap go for it , damn missed the gap Fing N mode"

I got used to lots of bottom end with the Golf and find it easier to predict what the car is going to do in D, N just feels random in it's response to the pedal.

+1 :thumbs:

Chris

21 - 30 of 30 Posts