Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mito currently sounds like there is no exhaust on it even know it has a brand new factory one fitted it is droning and is so loud constantly unless when accelerating and going right at a certain point it goes away for a couple of seconds it's so bad it almost vibrates through the whole car but sounds like its more a engine noise than from the exhaust

·
Registered
876 Posts
Not just mine then, local independent drove it and said it was how it was supposed to be. These engines are certainly a different driving experience.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Before we decided on the Giulietta we test drove a MiTo..... noticed that about the engine noise too......sounded like a lawn mower....not for me.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Although I just do the commute in mine, the "angry growling" engine is quite amusing and surprisingly nippy. Up at motorway speeds, its as quiet as any of the other cars I've had. Would be nice to eliminate the flat spot mine has on initial take off though.

·
Registered
40,029 Posts
I once got a lift in a Fiat 500 with the Twinair engine. I can imagine it being fun for a while but then becoming annoying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi mate, I have no issue with my standard exhaust on my mito sport 2014 model and I’m actually getting a new cat-back exhaust fitted next month as after having a new air filter + remap the car needs a nice sporty sound when you put your foot down so very excited 😜!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes mate twin air turbo 0.9 litre, it’s not running at around 150bhp 😜👌!
i had a k&n air filter, remap and new ibac lowering springs which So far has transformed this red rocket 🚀🚘!
It’s super fast honestly mighty rapid, just lacks a better look from the exhaust at the back as needs to be higher in the bumper and also a slightly bigger tail pipe with some nice sound 😬👌 so excited 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello I understand the engine is louder but it goes away when turning right at speed or accelerating out of a right corner

·
Registered
876 Posts
These do suffer with engine mount problems, which may flex the exhaust joint underneath. Don't know how easy it is to check yourself though, maybe get someone to rev the engine while you have the bonnet open to see if its obvious.

·
Registered
876 Posts
chealz1986 I'll admit I know bugger all about engine mods but that seems rather a lot of gained HorsePower, 105-150 without major surgery. Tel me more about this K&N is it just a hidden replacement inside the stock casing? if not got a pic?

·
Registered
37 Posts
105bhp standard but a air filter adds some and then a remap of around 30+ Bhp so must be on the way towards 150bhp 😬 but with the turbo sport mode on it feels super fast honestly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good evening just to let use know in case any one else has same thing my noise was my driver side rear wheel bearing had gone thanks for suggesting hope this helps someone else in the future

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good evening just to let use know in case any one else has same thing my noise was my driver side rear wheel bearing had gone thanks for suggesting hope this helps someone else in the future
I have a little knocking sound at the left rear side which I’ll let the guys know when they service my car next week 😬

1 - 15 of 15 Posts