Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local alfa dealer have sourced this part for me but have just called to say becsaue my 08 159 Lusso does not have Blue&me this part can not be fitted?

Is this true from your experience.

My car just has the normal radio/cd

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I had spotted that link before and it was that link which made me think i could fit this part to be honest :confused:

The head unit on those pics looks the very same as my car so thought I was sorted.

My car deffo does not have blue&me but I am a bit confused now casue it looks, from the link above, that I can and now the main dealer has thrown me off :cry::confused:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well it sounds very much like they have ordered a B&M iPod lead (if there is such a thing.. I'm afraid I wouldn't know).

Anyhow. The sort of thing you want (if you want steering wheel controls and iPod charging) is the pricey bit of kit featured in CJ's tutorial. If you want to get it from a dealer, the part number should be 0071804065.

I had one in my Brera for a while. It's straightforward to install and although it isn't the fastest bit of kit on earth, it does the job :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Alfa supply two different ipod leads - one for use with B&M, one without.
Got mine (non-B&M) a few weeks ago from Jason at Donalds Alfa -with 10% off :thumbs:

Haven't managed to get the head unit out yet though to fit it :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rang the alfa dealer back and the part he got is 71805430 (which only works on 159s that have B&M)

On CJs excellent step by step guide it says the part number is 50903120 which when the dealer checked his records is down as a cable harness?

Then CAS has suggested the part number I need is 71804065 which again is down in my dealerss records as a cable harness.

Now I am even more confused :lol::confused:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
The part numbers can change - though you can see the part number I had on the box!

If you ask for the part by description at the dealer, you get your money back if it doesnt do the job, however if you ask by number you have no recourse unless its faulty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
71804065 is for 147/gt and has compatability issues with 159. 71805430 is for cars with b/m if you don't have b/m in car you cannot retro fit without deep pockets

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't answer the Alfa-specific part question, but I recently installed an ipod cable that I'm quite happy with and is quite cheap.:cool:

Very simple cable that runs from yellow telephone plug input to a 3.5mm jack that I use to plug into a 'line-out' connector on my ipod (not the headphone jack).

It gives me no steering wheel control for tracks (volume still works of course) and it doesn't charge the Ipod, but the sound is great and I like the flexibility (and price - all told it was 16 Euros, including the hooks to take out the head unit). I ran the cord from the head unit out to the center console, but I could easily run it to the glove box as well. You can use it with any MP3-type player.

I found this post helpful:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/186007-alfa-159-ipod-aux-in.html

And this is the guy in Italy that sells the cable (sorry it's only in Italian) - he also has an ebay store:

Cavo aux per iPod MP3 Alfa 147 156 159 GT Blaupunkt 937 SB05 Grande Punto Fiat 500

I can explain more if anyone interested.

rj

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rang the alfa dealer back and the part he got is 71805430 (which only works on 159s that have B&M)

On CJs excellent step by step guide it says the part number is 50903120 which when the dealer checked his records is down as a cable harness?

Then CAS has suggested the part number I need is 71804065 which again is down in my dealerss records as a cable harness.

Now I am even more confused :lol::confused:
Tipp -just dug out my receipt and the kit is listed as 'Cable Harness (IPOD)' part number 0071804065. Just to make things a bit more confusing the box itself has a code number of 71803197 on it!
The fitting instuctions it comes with are for a 147/GT but the connectors are as per CJ's guide pics so it will fit the Brera/159.

I've now managed to remove the head unit (thanks CJ :thumbs: ) and will hopefully get chance to fit and test it tomorrow coz i ran out of light this evening :rant:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't answer the Alfa-specific part question, but I recently installed an ipod cable that I'm quite happy with and is quite cheap.:cool:

Very simple cable that runs from yellow telephone plug input to a 3.5mm jack that I use to plug into a 'line-out' connector on my ipod (not the headphone jack).

It gives me no steering wheel control for tracks (volume still works of course) and it doesn't charge the Ipod, but the sound is great and I like the flexibility (and price - all told it was 16 Euros, including the hooks to take out the head unit). I ran the cord from the head unit out to the center console, but I could easily run it to the glove box as well. You can use it with any MP3-type player.

I found this post helpful:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/186007-alfa-159-ipod-aux-in.html

And this is the guy in Italy that sells the cable (sorry it's only in Italian) - he also has an ebay store:

Cavo aux per iPod MP3 Alfa 147 156 159 GT Blaupunkt 937 SB05 Grande Punto Fiat 500

I can explain more if anyone interested.

rj
This sounds good. Not sure how to get hold of the cable though - it looks like he only posts to Italy.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Tipp -just dug out my receipt and the kit is listed as 'Cable Harness (IPOD)' part number 0071804065. Just to make things a bit more confusing the box itself has a code number of 71803197 on it!
The fitting instuctions it comes with are for a 147/GT but the connectors are as per CJ's guide pics so it will fit the Brera/159.

I've now managed to remove the head unit (thanks CJ :thumbs: ) and will hopefully get chance to fit and test it tomorrow coz i ran out of light this evening :rant:
This sounds identical to the thing I had, including the odd additional part number. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Matador04 - I just contacted the guy, who said that he could send the cable to the UK for 8 Euros shipping. He also says he speaks english (but I didn't test that out). So I think if you are interested, it could work. Hope that helps,

rj

·
Registered
40 Posts
Matador04 - I just contacted the guy, who said that he could send the cable to the UK for 8 Euros shipping. He also says he speaks english (but I didn't test that out). So I think if you are interested, it could work. Hope that helps,

rj
Brilliant, thanks so much for doing that. Will order one - I've been desperate to get my ipod in the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been away from my PC for a few days!

Thanks for all the replies and deffo some options there alright

Nice one!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brilliant, thanks so much for doing that. Will order one - I've been desperate to get my ipod in the car.
Let me know if you have trouble. If you have the Bose system (I do), you need to cut one wire off a pin the plug that you replace and put a new pin end on for the replacement plug. You also need to ask the guy to send an extra pin in the package, which he will do for no charge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This sounds good. Not sure how to get hold of the cable though - it looks like he only posts to Italy.
The guys name is Massimo, he speaks English and is willing to post internationally despite what the eBay.it page indicates. Ask him to quote you for postage via eBay page. cable cost 16euro and 8euro P&P.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts