Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The GTV is a super special car produced by one of the oldest manufacturers of supercar's.

There are GTV’s out there capable of 300kn/h and doing the 0 to 100 in les than 5.5 seconds.

As for the old FWD RWD how many of you actually knew that FWD’s development was driven by race wins in the 30’s and not as a cheap alternative for easy production.
If the 3.0 and 3.2 Alfa’s were not FWD a lot of us would have been scraped from barrier’s next to the road.

Launce a 300whp rwd car with out traction control and see where it is going or want to go. Now do the same with a 300whp fwd and feel the difference.
Worst part is they will achieve the same ¼ mile time if fitted with similar rubber and close to the same weight.

I dont agree i have a gtv6 with a 3.0l in and although its not 300bhp its is 210 and that chasiss is very forgiving and although when pushed it can strep out at the back it was always easy to correct where if a front wheel drive car steps out its generally curtains

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My only point is that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with FWD Alfas.

And I am fed up with people who never even had a rwd Alfa complaining that the GTV is FWD (not saying that anyone around here are like that)

I had a couple of GTV6’s in the past and they were brilliant cars.
People complain that the 916 3.0 GTV under steers the old GTV6 under steers just as bad.
If the GTV6 starts fishtailing you better know your car or it will definitely turn around on you. 916 you just lift of and everything’s back to normal apart from the tyre smoke.
I know I can let my wife drive to the shop with the 916 even with more than 300hp nothing strange or uncontrollable will happen when it starts boosting. With a similar rwd it will be a problem.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts