1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,
Low speed fan has stopped working !
I have checked fuses all OK
plugged in to diagnostics and low speed fan not coming on although high speed fan is working, Ive swapped relays over as low speed was clicking on operation but still no luck, Anyone toyed with this and had a result, I have dismissed thermostat which i think can only leave a resistor ? but testing the water before I spend on something that it might not be, Car has been getting HOT in traffic hovering above the 90s. GT 2.0JTS 2005

Thanks Andy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Certainly sounds like the resistor failed. It'll be quite obvious when you inspect it. When mine failed I tried the cheaper version first (some dubious aftermarket crap) thinking it can't be that big a deal, it's just a resistor. Well it didn't even work, it was loose on one end, had to tie it up with a wire. Bought a genuine one after that...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool was hoping for that reply, I will ring my local Alfa dealer for a fright I mean price tomorrow, anyone else had the AC removed on a GT ? Mine has for some reason, possible was broken and cheaper not to replace I'm just hoping it's not causing this problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Result, ordered the part then decided to remove the old one to make sure it was the right one, removed the electrical blocks and noticed one gunked up and green with mould ! Cleaned it spray it with electrical spray put it back on diagnostic and hey presto burst into life, ran 10no cycles and it's fine so alls good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts