Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my first Alfa back in November, I have had nothing but issues with it (really living up to it's reputation).
I am now getting the following messages on the dashboard:
- Number Plate Light Failure
- Rear Fog Light Failure

I purchased some bulbs, put them in and still nothing. Lights still do not work and the alerts are still present.
The strange thing is when I switch on the rear fog lights, 1 of the number plate lights comes on.

I have checked all fuses and relays and everything looks ok.

I really do not want to be left with a large bill to pay for the sake of a couple of lights, especially with the MOT due next week.

If anyone could advise on things to check etc... it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
There's an electrical connector behind the wheel arch liner (drivers side I believe) that takes the power to all the bulbs/sensors in the rear bumper.. It's not unheard of for this connector block to get gunked up/dirty where it's tucked in behind the wheel and cause gremlins....

Probably worth locating it and giving it a clean up with electrical contact cleaner.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I get the number plate light fault even though they both work. This was down to it being rewired using a different earth (apparently). So you may have a dodgy earth somewhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's an electrical connector behind the wheel arch liner (drivers side I believe) that takes the power to all the bulbs/sensors in the rear bumper.. It's not unheard of for this connector block to get gunked up/dirty where it's tucked in behind the wheel and cause gremlins....

Probably worth locating it and giving it a clean up with electrical contact cleaner.
Hey, this has made my day. Thanks.

My father in law just took a look at this and also noticed my reverse light was very dim/non-existent as well as some suspicious black tape.

Black tape removed, connections cleaned and connectors swapped over and everything is working great!

Thanks a lot for your quick response and help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts