Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I’ve read a few threads on here and I’m a little confused.

my car didn’t want to go into reverse or first gear, but after pumping clutch 3 times or so it would go in.

the mechanic who has been good in the past said the master cylinder is housed under the gearbox and could be costly in labour, or could be a new clutch it’s self?

the car has 52k miles and been treated well, so I hope it’s not that,

anyone have any advice I can take back to him?

many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If with pumping it works, it's hydraulic issue (gearbox pump, pedal pump or so).
Hi,

thanks for reply,

Does that mean lots of labour costs for the hydraulic to be replaced? And if so what part so can get some ideas of prices,

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
388 Posts
Gearbox pump (slave) is easy to change and cheap (75-100€ here, 100-150£ there?).
Pedal pump (master) is little more expensive and labour too, anyway not big.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Olá, fale para o mecânico que pode ser o rolamento de embreagem enferrujado, bastando apenas lubrificá-lo ou comprar um novo que sai bem mais barato.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 156 JTD 8v Veloce (2005)
256 Posts
If it's the master cylinder - check my comments on this link about the dimentions of the Master and the tip to prevent getting a footwell of brake fluid.
If it's a JTD then check my attachment for master and slave.

Should help with the problem.

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,478 Posts
Olá, fale para o mecânico que pode ser o rolamento de embreagem enferrujado, bastando apenas lubrificá-lo ou comprar um novo que sai bem mais barato.
This is an English language based forum, if you post in another language you must provide an English translation as per the forum rules.

You can use Google Translate to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts