Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.i m facing a serious problem with my car.sometimes the heater starts working by it self fully,making a very intense noise, either the controllers of a/c panel are switched on or off.when the heater is doing that thing nothing changes on the panel.this phenomenon is more often and intense on very warm days or when i m driving on an uphill road.i have tried everything in alfa romeo representatives or other workshops and noone can solve this problem.please help me.any opinions?thank you

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Is it the heater or the cooling fan for the engine that you are hearing? Working hard on a warm day would generate excess heat to be removed via the radiator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the heater or the cooling fan for the engine that you are hearing? Working hard on a warm day would generate excess heat to be removed via the radiator.
Its from the heater.the warm air comes out from the vents of the cabine.it is like the heater is working on the highest scale.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Heater Problem.

:devious: Make sure the button on the right between the heater dials is not on as this boosts the heating system (air con, heated rear screen, heater and fan on full) it seems to come on and off with the engine revs as far as I can tell from the times I've used it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:devious: Make sure the button on the right between the heater dials is not on as this boosts the heating system (air con, heated rear screen, heater and fan on full) it seems to come on and off with the engine revs as far as I can tell from the times I've used it.
Its not on..i wish it was so easy...:p

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
This may be way off but thinking logically. You say it happens on very warm days and particularly when going up hill. This would indicate that it occurs when a large amount of waste heat is being created. If it is possible that the radiator cannot remove sufficient of this waste heat then does the heating start up to use it's heat exchanger as a means of removing extra heat? That might means some sort of problem with the primary cooling system. Is there an airlock? Is the pump working properly?

I know it sounds weird and I have no knowledge or proof but as I was always taught when the obvious has been proved not to be the cause then it is time to look at the improbable or impossible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This may be way off but thinking logically. You say it happens on very warm days and particularly when going up hill. This would indicate that it occurs when a large amount of waste heat is being created. If it is possible that the radiator cannot remove sufficient of this waste heat then does the heating start up to use it's heat exchanger as a means of removing extra heat? That might means some sort of problem with the primary cooling system. Is there an airlock? Is the pump working properly?

I know it sounds weird and I have no knowledge or proof but as I was always taught when the obvious has been proved not to be the cause then it is time to look at the improbable or impossible.
It happens regardless of weather conditions, even in cold days!i am just telling that on very warm days is more intense and continuous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts