Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cao, ALFA Brothers! I need a HELP! Some ...(bad guys) took off the Alfa Romeo Emblems from my Beauty. But it in the past, i went through it. Now i've got a new one!!!, but i have a problem with mounting it! Front emblem it's simply. But rear i do not have any idea?!!! I took off a cover of a luggage compartment lid (inside), put in the new emblem in a hole of a lock cover (from outside). But I DO NOT have IDEA how fix it inside the luggage compartment lid???! May be i should take off a lock cover (outside), it solve this problem, but how can i do this, there are two screws wich i don't know how unscrew inside the lid (there are not enough place to do this). PLEASE, I NEED a ADVICE!!! Sorry for my English!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the site Carolll,

sorry i don't personally have the answer to your question but watch this space - it's only a matter of time before a 155-comrade will come to your rescue!

regards

raj :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these can be very difficult the two screws are called shear bolts that means went they are fitted the heads break off to give a flush finish.the two bolts in the luggage area are welded to the boot so they can be very hard to get off.i did a 146 boot lock and had to grind off the flat boltheads being very carfull not to cut the paint then you can get some pliers on the threads and turn them out.you will need two new shear bolts and a gasket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi all had to do this a while ago,2 ways. 1 drill 2 smallholes in each of the shear bolts insert the tips of a long nose pliers into the holes and turn, u may need to insert a screwdriver into the jaws of the pliers to help u turn out the bolts as they can be very stiff.2 drill 3 or 4 small holes in the bolt head as many as u can, then use a screw driver or similar implement to join up all ur holes and turn the bolt out with a screwdriver.hope this helps u
alan

- - - - - - - - - -
keep her clean :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANK YOU for welcome!!! THANK YOU for ADVICES!!!
It's SO NICE to be within the COMMUNITY! I'll take your advices to try to do something (don't know what it gets to be :) )!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts