Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I had the unfortune to hit a guy that suddenly stopped in front of me and lost my right chrome trim on the front bumper (right next to the headlights) and somehow one of the headlights' washers fell apart but without any significant damage to the bumper itself. Could you please tell me if the 159's chrome trim and headlight washers are the same because I might be able to get them second hand. I see that the chrome parts have different part numbers. I have been getting different answers from people I have asked.

I am attaching a pic of the chrome part.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the trim part is interchangeable between both models, but not sure of the washers, in case they are bumper mounted in a different position, although I can't believe there would be any problems. The only real difference between the fronts on both models are the chrome grill top, different fog-light surrounds and different bottom bumper visual design.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Different part numbers between the Brera and 159 chrome trims I'm afraid, unsure about washers as not sure which bit is broken.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Different part numbers between the Brera and 159 chrome trims I'm afraid, unsure about washers as not sure which bit is broken.
There's quite a few part numbers that are different between the models, but are in fact the same part.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm sure you're right, but I looked at a couple of retailers to be on the safe side, Alfaworkshop and Partsworld - on the 159 trim, Partsworld specifcally state 'Not suitable for Brera or Spider'

Not that this is saying anything, but the Brera ones look to be longer than those on the 159 on the pics I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
I'm sure you're right, but I looked at a couple of retailers to be on the safe side, Alfaworkshop and Partsworld - on the 159 trim, Partsworld specifcally state 'Not suitable for Brera or Spider'

Not that this is saying anything, but the Brera ones look to be longer than those on the 159 on the pics I've seen.
I'll measure the Brera in a while for size. (just need to get up off my arse first lol)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the comments.
Amfalconer, in addition to the "not suitable for brera" I am looking at the pictures of the chrome trim parts on partsworld-uk and I can see that the side that attaches to the bumper looks different on the different trims. The picture that I have posted initially is apparently from a 159.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
The Partsworld pics on their website look pants, and nothing like the real thing. Very blocky looking, but does clearly show that the mounting clips are in different positions across both models, so I will change my mind and agree that it wont fit.
Anyway, looking at the prices...that's robbery! Have you tried a breaker?....or even better, give Autolusso a ring for a 2nd hand one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am writing from Bulgaria :) There is only one crashed brera that I found and of course it was a frontal crash. I checked autolusso's website and saw that they ship second hand parts. Thanks for the advice. I will definitely e-mail them because the prices for that part are ridiculous everywhere I have managed to find it.
It is a shame that the parts are not interchangable but I guess its another one of those alfa idiosyncrasies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts