Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Veloces always charge top dollar and it does look a good example with an Alfatune exhaust which is highly rated. However, it's only got 17" wheels not the 19" so it's not a full Prodrive model. Gearbox bearing problems are a problem on this model. Mine was repaired at around 50k.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Veloces always charge top dollar and it does look a good example with an Alfatune exhaust which is highly rated. However, it's only got 17" wheels not the 19" so it's not a full Prodrive model. Gearbox bearing problems are a problem on this model. Mine was repaired at around 50k.
Thanks for the reply dc.....

They also said they would give me a years warranty (£300). It's either this model in London or the 3.2 JTS SV up in Glasgow, both around £9990.

What price would I expect to pay on gearbox bearing?

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Looks like a good car, especially with the extra trinkets.
Veloces always seem to have the best used stock, particularly for anything other than standard spec cars.
Their prices are what main dealers would probably be charging if they were selling older cars like this.
This Brera is a facelift with the nicer interior.
But if you do get it, get some 19'' 5-holes on, anything less looks crap.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Is that really an 'S'?
Looks more like a standard one that's been tickled a bit to me.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Is that really an 'S'?
Looks more like a standard one that's been tickled a bit to me.
Do a search on 'S' and 'Prodrive', it's been covered many, many times.
It's definitely not a Prodrive but has some of the bits (red stitching on the leather, red calipers).
It'll say 'S' on the logbook.
Quite a few left the factory this way.

Reactions: joemackem

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a good car, especially with the extra trinkets.
Veloces always seem to have the best used stock, particularly for anything other than standard spec cars.
Their prices are what main dealers would probably be charging if they were selling older cars like this.
This Brera is a facelift with the nicer interior.
But if you do get it, get some 19'' 5-holes on, anything less looks crap.
Changing to 19" would probably be my first job as they said they would MOT it and it was only serviced 2 months ago (full alfa service history) also no advisories on current or previous MOT.

Joe

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
My gearbox was rebuilt by these people, thankfully before I owned the car but they do seem to know their stuff. About £500.00 in total

M32 Gearbox | WG Motorworks

Thinking about the car at Veloce's, it does seem that the only thing over the standard are the seats. The suspension and wheels are a major part of the S prodrive package, so it's a lot of money for a more or less standard Brera. I would expect a decent warranty included for free at that price as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My gearbox was rebuilt by these people, thankfully before I owned the car but they do seem to know their stuff. About £500.00 in total

M32 Gearbox | WG Motorworks

Thinking about the car at Veloce's, it does seem that the only thing over the standard are the seats. The suspension and wheels are a major part of the S prodrive package, so it's a lot of money for a more or less standard Brera. I would expect a decent warranty included for free at that price as well
One year about £300 worth.......

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Thanks for the reply dc.....

They also said they would give me a years warranty (£300). It's either this model in London or the 3.2 JTS SV up in Glasgow, both around £9990.

What price would I expect to pay on gearbox bearing?

Cheers

Joe
Be careful if you decide on the 3.2.
Unlike the 2.2, the timing chain is a serious expense if it needs doing, though it is less of an issue than with the 2.2.

Reactions: joemackem

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I don't know if you are anywhere near Watford but if you want to take a look at my Brera you are welcome to have a nose about it...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes, definitely an S, they do have a prodrive in at a shade under 11k

Joe
Hmm! I'd always presumed an S and a Prodrive were the same thing, they certainly were when I looked at buying one when they first came out in 2008.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think that was the plan but somehow bits and pieces were cobbled together by dealers afterwards. I don't think I would pay such a high price for what is basically a standard model apart from the seats, nice though they are.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
The Alfatune exhaust system will add to its value and is a big plus point.
It may even have a remap to go with it. That's a grand's worth of extras.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Still doesn't make it an S in my book.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, even if it doesn't have the remap I can always add it to the "to do" list. Just a shame it doesn't have the retractable roof blind, although it does have the sat nav which ave not seen many of.......

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Still doesn't make it an S in my book.
Don't confuse an S with a Prodrive S. Two different animals.

I agree, even if it doesn't have the remap I can always add it to the "to do" list. Just a shame it doesn't have the retractable roof blind, although it does have the sat nav which ave not seen many of.......
Satnav is indeed incredibly rare. Then again it was a £1,450 option when new, so perhaps no surprise.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It looks very nice! I'm guessing that you are comfortable with the price so the only thing that would put me off are the 17" wheels; they just don't look as nice as 18" or 19"

If you want to make your eyes water, price up some 19" Prodrive alloys and tyres!

Veloces often get a bit of stick on here for being overpriced, but their cars are normally better than average and you don't often hear that they are anything other than honest and courteous.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts