Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 1976 Alfa Romeo Berlina 2000 Auto, it's just been delivered and as i'm giving it a good look over have noticed a speaker box in the centre of the dash, is this normal to some Berlinas or is this a mod carried out some time in it's life. I'ts a very clean example and I intend on keeping it original.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It's not a standard item. Not even a good place to site a speaker, but as its there prolly best left alone. Shame, as the rest of the dash looks crack free and tidy.
Mines never has a radio or speakers fitted at all. Who needs a radio with that engine to listen to???:thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dashboard querry

Yah I know right, I'm gutted as this is one of the best crack free examples I've seen in such a long time, then this ridiculous thing right smack in the middle of the dash, your probably right, it's best left alone, what a feckin......... ughhh!"*%"@<?$**

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It what is called a period modification. Back then cars didn't come with radios standard but lots had radios installed.
From what I remember from that period this installation is nowhere as bad as some I've seen.
Erik - ex car dealer.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
tbh I dont think that "period" speaker looks too bad - what you could do to improve the visual look, is replace the top speaker cover (the one you show above sits up proud a little too much and ruins the smooth look of the dash, imo) with something like the one (original equipment) almost every 60's and 70's mercedes has, which is similar but very flat, so you hardly notice it....as here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts