Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's what I was told today by a jerk here at work, who just bought a TT (with the low end specs)!!! :rolleyes:

I get back from my lunchbreak and this idiot is parking right in front of me. We get out almost at the same moment, he gives a stare at my car with a patronizing smile and then says "Nice wheels, but you must admit that Alfas are a bit for frustrated ***** who cannot afford a real sports car, this (pointing at his TT) is a real sports car"and winks at me..

I had a vision of me giving the sod a lesson of bon ton by helping him making his way in the car through the windshield, but then I remembered that most people take this kinda lessons too personally, so I let my poor English take care of it instead..

"I guess you are right, just like TTs are hairdresser's cars, mind you, hairdressers with a sporty driving attitude.. I'm sure that my 2.4JTDm with 200 hp is no match for your bottomline 2.0tdi diesel with 170hp, not to mention that mine looks cool and stylish, while you can hardly recognize the front from the back on your computer mouse disguised as a car.. nice choice though, another German car which will fade and become "one of the many".. enjoy your car.."

when I left he was still checking on his iPhone for the meaning of "hp"... idiot :rant:

P

·
0 Posts
that's what I was told today by a jerk here at work, who just bought a TT (with the low end specs)!!! :rolleyes:

I get back from my lunchbreak and this idiot is parking right in front of me. We get out almost at the same moment, he gives a stare at my car with a patronizing smile and then says "Nice wheels, but you must admit that Alfas are a bit for frustrated ***** who cannot afford a real sports car, this (pointing at his TT) is a real sports car"and winks at me..

I had a vision of me giving the sod a lesson of bon ton by helping him making his way in the car through the windshield, but then I remembered that most people take this kinda lessons too personally, so I let my poor English take care of it instead..

"I guess you are right, just like TTs are hairdresser's cars, mind you, hairdressers with a sporty driving attitude.. I'm sure that my 2.4JTDm with 200 hp is no match for your bottomline 2.0tdi diesel with 170hp, not to mention that mine looks cool and stylish, while you can hardly recognize the front from the back on your computer mouse disguised as a car.. nice choice though, another German car which will fade and become "one of the many".. enjoy your car.."

when I left he was still checking on his iPhone for the meaning of "hp"... idiot :rant:
Nicely dealt with :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

iphone+audi TT = the type of ***** i would not like to share a beer with...

Handled that far better than I could have. I may have forced that Iphone into somewhere were he "may" or "may not" of enjoyed it vibrating...

·
Registered
255 Posts

Nicely done....and as mentioned before, dealt with far better that i would have. Respect for temper keeping:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iphone+audi TT = the type of ***** i would not like to share a beer with...

Handled that far better than I could have. I may have forced that Iphone into somewhere were he "may" or "may not" of enjoyed it vibrating...
Note to self: do not mention that you have an iPhone too :D

I could have actually challenged him in a lightsaber duel with the specific iPhone app LOL :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Note to self: do not mention that you have an iPhone too :D

I could have actually challenged him in a lightsaber duel with the specific iPhone app LOL :D
but you dont have the hairdressery TT,, its the combo that matters, def worse than a sum of the parts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
a jerk here at work, who just bought a TT
he was still checking on his iPhone
You see, people who own iPhones are far more interested in appearance than anything else. And they have too much money :p. See my rant about iPhones elsewhere :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
There's hardly any of them here now thank god.
Good point.

Where did they all go?

Thay can't have rusted or fallen apart, not German build quality surely?

Not that I'm really bothered of course, just curious.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
I would have looked at his TT, and then just laughed, and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. Assuming it's a MK1 TT, it's a potato of a Golf. Nice, but a dynamic potato.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Where did they all go?
Didn't the old ones have a serious steering issue of some sort that made the first lot really dangerous? So perhaps they're all in a hedge somewhere?

I think it's probably a case of everyone that might have bought one finally realised that it made them look like a *** so they bought something else instead (a Mini most probably) - in a similar manner to the ****** exodus from BMWs because it was too obvious.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't the old ones have a serious steering issue of some sort that made the first lot really dangerous? So perhaps they're all in a hedge somewhere?

I think it's probably a case of everyone that might have bought one finally realised that it made them look like a *** so they bought something else instead (a Mini most probably) - in a similar manner to the ****** exodus from BMWs because it was too obvious.
I seem to remember a really serious issue with the rear differential, who caused deadly accidents with the first series, not really a nice presentation card :tut:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You see, people who own iPhones are far more interested in appearance than anything else. And they have too much money :p. See my rant about iPhones elsewhere :lol:
er.. don't you find your conclusions about the iPhone and the people who use it a bit immature and generalised? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts