Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi any one can help
we got alfa romeo alfetta 2000cc 4 door sloom 8.01.1981 we got to registier in uk
car from italy plate on it need to do to get sertificate to prove that is year off the car :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I registered an S4 in France and had to get a Certificate of Conformity, which I think is what you need here too.
I contacted Fiat France who provided it, for a fee. I guess Alfa/Fiat UK should be able to help you with what you need.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Or contact aroc for chassis and engine number year confirmation letter, then take to local dvla office.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I am pretty sure you do not need a CoC (Certificate of Conformity) for a car over 10 years old.
If you email
[email protected]
Marco Fazio will reply pretty quickly (in english) with the exact build data, original colour and to whom it was first sold. The AROC certificate would do too, obviously.
Coming from Italy it is all fairly simple as it is a european car.
First off is to get an MOT (this can be got whether you still have italian number plates on it or not, they issue it on the VIN number - some MOT stations will require UK driving lights, but some will let you go through if you just put black tape on the areas of the lights which will blind oncoming drivers, as you might still have italian lights on there, unless you have changed them) and a UK insurance certificate (can be got just with the VIN number etc)
Then armed with the proof of date of manufacture of car, proof of your own identity (passport) and proof of address (recent utility bill, like phone, gas, or council tax bill)

I think you need the V55/5 form (registering a used vehicle for the first time in the UK) - simply call the DVLA in Birmingham (as you are in the West Mids) on 0870 2400010 and they will tell you what you need and send you a registration pack. Explain to them it is a 30 year old car from Italy and that you should not need therefore a C.o.C

Then you need to send it all back with a cheque for the roadtax and they issue you a V5 document with a registration number and then you can get a set of numberplates.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi thanks that i need thanks :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts