Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I daydream about it a lot!

I have probably watched every single video of the 8C on youtube!!!

I will have to settle for its smaller brother the 4C in just over 18months :thumbs:

·
Registered
498 Posts

I will have to settle for its smaller brother the 4C in just over 18months :thumbs:
Haha same here, I must have wasted a good few gigabytes of my internet watching 8C videos.

Love all the different engine speeds and start stopping in this one:
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione sound!! - YouTube

And even an American knows it is special in this one:
Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder huge acceleration!! - YouTube

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ok don't know who did the conversion probably the same guys doing the Mustang RH conversions. Saw a RH :wow: 8C in Durban this holiday. Couldn't take pictures :cry:because it was on the go. Anybody know this guy?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ok don't know who did the conversion probably the same guys doing the Mustang RH conversions. Saw a RH :wow: 8C in Durban this holiday. Couldn't take pictures :cry:because it was on the go. Anybody know this guy?
Seriously? Not maybe a replica? I would imagine converting the 8C to RHD would be a virtually impossible task.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really...

Mmm time to call Piet Byleveld to track this one down :cheese:

Never ever heard of 8C RHD! And they charge like R400 000 to convert the Mustang...

So if its true that 8C must have cost a sh..load of money

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yep it's a Red one if it was a rep it was a damn good one. Lets face it there's people here in SA with allot of doe and pull. This makes me one of the few in SA that saw an 8C. :p

·
Registered
976 Posts
The 8c is a lovely car but guys just imagine you did have one , service costs, insurance,and obviously the price, probably more that a holiday home in Spain or even France!
Then you go for a drive once a week and you **** scared that a stone breaks the window.
I will never have that type on monies
By the way my friend who works for us and knows that I like Alfas sent me a SMS ,the 4c is 38000 pounds in UK , I was under the impession that the 4c is not awailable as yet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
beautiful. i only have to squint my eyes a little and look out the window to see our wee 8c and if i rub fairy liquid in my eyes the sportwagon looks exactly like an 8c estate;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not.. Prototype will hit the roads middle of the year. It goes on sale in 2013. They aim to have the 4C sub 45 000 pounds for the top of range one..

Seems there will be a 173kw entry level variant (engine as found in the GQV), a mid level 173kw one (aluminum block and 20kgs lighter than the GQV engine) and a 224kw top of the range one.. Well this is what the rumour mill is saying..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Huh?! How can you not take pics? :confused:
Even if the world was about to end you should have taken some pics :rant:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Life is tough on you hey ;) LOL

·
Registered
861 Posts
Spotted a 8C here in Oudtshoorn go past. Could not get the cellphone in time to take a pic:cry:
All happened so fast I am also not sure what the numberplate was or if it was RHD or LHD. Seems like maybe someone imported one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts