Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antonio Baravalle, brand manager for Alfa Romeo, announced yesterday at the Bologna Motor Show that Alfa Romeo will race an 8c in 2008 in several endurance races, such as Le Mans etc. :D

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
jamieboy said:
I saw this rendering a while ago. It looks horrible to me, to be honest - doesn't quite manage to ruin the car, but nearly...
As a racer it looks great :D but as a road car it's a bit OTT, and with that ground clearance it wouldn't clear fag packets, never mind speed humps :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
AlfaMartini said:
As a racer it looks great :D but as a road car it's a bit OTT, and with that ground clearance it wouldn't clear fag packets, never mind speed humps :rolleyes: :)
That's exactly why I simply won't order one!!! :D

PS: The rendering is from SCAR btw...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The last race in SCAR where you drive the 8C Competizione racecar took me ages to complete. It seems to be the only car in that game that drives properly, i.e. that you can't drift around corners using roll oversteer.

I like the rendering of the bright red 8C with black wheels, except I think they should paint the lower front lip/spoiler red too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The racing version of 8c will be LM-GT1 and not LM-GT2 as some articles report...thats why AR will build 25 units of 8c with about 600hp in order to be homologated (price of that model=500.000euros+ without taxes and it will be called 12C).The development is done with the help of dallara and Maserati's team (those who developed mc12 and 2007 is the last season that maserati will have manufactor support...next year all the first priority will be 8c corsa/or LM Le Mans...the final name has not been decided yet) in order to be reliable and to have enough speed to win in 2008 season.It will compete in Mans,Daytona,Nuerburgring etc and maybe in ALMS-GT.ALFA ROMEO is back and it will blow competition like mc12 did!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts