Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Five years ago this would have been great. Sadly it already looks dated and by the time they could actually produce it, it would look ancient.

It is also too big!
It is worth noting that Alfa Romeo haven't got a platform that could reasonably be stretched to 2980 mm wheelbase - the 166 and 159 were both on 2700mm wheelbase. Nice dream to put it on Maserati platform but I don't think they are looking for a cheaper Maserati. It would make it a very expensive Alfa.

PS - Haven't we seen the back of that car on the Peugeot 607?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
It is worth noting that Alfa Romeo haven't got a platform that could reasonably be stretched to 2980 mm wheelbase - the 166 and 159 were both on 2700mm wheelbase. Nice dream to put it on Maserati platform but I don't think they are looking for a cheaper Maserati. It would make it a very expensive Alfa.
Don't forget that Fiat owns Chrysler! The Dodge Challenger's wheel base is 2946mm . . .

. . . don't knock it until you've tried it!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
According to Marchionne, if the new Quattroporte (to be launched at Detroit) sells well, a smaller model will be put into production: the Ghibli. This car's architecture will be shared with Alfa Romeo.

As it is, Maserati and Alfa will share development of a V6 petrol engine to be used in Giulia and a possible "4C GTA" ("6C"?), and even if the Ghibli doesn't get the green light, this engine is a possibility as an entry engine for the QP: Marchionne has repeatedly said he wants Maserati to have a wider audience - adding a 3.x litre petrol producing about 300-400bhp would provide a good "entry" model in the QP range without cheapening the brand.

G

·
0 Posts
Doesn't do anything for me. Could be a Beemer or an Audi. Doesn't scream Alfa at me, it needs more curves and more subtlety in the design. Wouldn't get my money if it ever came to fruition.

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts