Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of shipping one from the UK to use as a donor car for my 33 8v.
When I have taken from the donor car what I need, I will be replacing everything back to the donor from my car. So the donor car will still be a full and running, perfectly driving car.
I will not be changing the engine, gearbox, etc, ( which are very good on the donor car ) just mainly cosmetic parts.
The donor car is very solid for a UK car and is currently running and driving great. Just want to make my cyprus car better.
The donor car will be on UK plates, would I have any problems selling it in Cyprus for spares? Or what are the alternatives?
I won't want the car myself and do not wish to take it back to the UK if it can be made good use of in Cyprus.
Any ideas?

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
I read it three times. Every time I thought I had it, I'd loose it again ! :lol:

No offence Mike, I get scrambled in my thoughts as well, lots of times :)
Maybe I'm just hoping you mean what I want to hear ! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,
If the car was in Cyprus on UK plates would anyone be interested in buying it?
I understand there is a high import duty.
It would be a full car in red, perfectly driving with great 16v engine.
No rust but some of the doors and wings have a few small dents.
If someone could make use of it in Cyprus without importing it, unless you wanted too, it would save me taking it back to the UK to sell.
Could it be broken for spares maybe and made use of that way?
I hope that is clear now, but if not just let me know.

K

·
0 Posts
makes sense mate, just waiting for chris to come on..........................................................................:D

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Mate , I'm in Cyprus and I've been looking into buying a 16V engine and importing it from Pat in UK !

Pat has seen your thread and gave me a heads up.

For someone in Cyprus to buy the whole car though, it might be a bit tricky. Whoever buys it will need to pay for its tax and registration, which will be expensive.

If you are considering breaking the car and selling it as parts, then I'm definitely interested in the engine, crossmember, exhaust manifolds and other bits and pieces. However, it all depends on your price.

Where is the car at the moment ?
Could you send me some pictures and more info on the car and engine ?
My phone number is 96-559028 , email is [email protected], or you can PM me on the forum.

Waiting for your thoughts and price :thumbs:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I would sell the engine and other bits.
Would you or anyone be interested in buying the whole car for spare parts and not to drive on the road?
Would this avoid the tax and duty?
Would I have a problem getting the car scrapped after?
The car is in the Uk at the moment.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Mike, sorry to pressure you, but I need some answers.
If your car is in UK at the moment, it means that its not available and it wont be for some time.

Whats the deal ? Are you coming to Cyprus for a while and you want to sell your car when you will be going back to UK ?
I need to have the engine and front section of the crossmember here in Cyprus by the end of March the very latest.
I also need you to give me a price.

Again, sorry to put pressure on you, but I need to know if I can get the parts I need - or even the whole car if the price is right - from you, or if I need to seek other options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts