Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

so I was thinking of a way to document the story of my car and decided to better post it here and update it as it comes along.

First of all, I was NEVER a car guy, the matter of fact I actually hated driving cars and always felt asleep in one.
My first vehicle was a Honda CB400 motorcycle and enjoyed the rush of pulling the handle and going 60+ km in the first gear.

That was all great while I was living in Greece, in mid-2015 I came back to Serbia and motorcycles here are not your daily drivers especially in the winter.

So I scrapped some money and bought the most affordable 馃槼 (RED FLAGS HERE) semi-automatic good looking car :LOL: aka AR 147 2.0 Selespeed aka Lucy the Devil!

Oh yeah, I have no freaking clue about cars either :ROFLMAO: OR what the heck I should be looking in one before buying.

Sooo to not make the first post a biblical history of the past 4 months and stuff I went thru let me summarize the issues I got when I purchased it:

• The previous owners didn't take care of this beautiful car which is a shame
  • The **** tone of Rust under and most of the mechanics dont want to even touch it
  • On the car was installed Gas and then removed with installations left here and there
  • Brakes well let's say there were none almost
  • Engine Oil consumption issue (filled to the max, 200km after it will be in the middle or under it), I'm currently using the HPX oil.
  • Rear ABS burned
  • Steering wheel axles
  • Front and rear suspensions +++
  • Front tires crap
  • Rear window heating strips destroyed
  • Heating console issue (when you hit a bump it would turn on)
  • Rear sprinkler not working (jammed somewhere and)
  • Gas tank pump was installed incorrectly and when I filled it to the top it started leaking all over the place (on the 31st of December!!! FFS)
  • Electrical windows issue (they go down beautifully but they rise only a few centimeters at the time on the way up)
  • The paint job is ok-ish it can last for now until the rest is fixed
  • Doors have indents from other doors in many places
  • White smoke coming from behind
  • Foil was installed on the windows and someone was in rush to remove them leaving glue residues....
That should be most of it 馃槼馃槼:ROFLMAO:

Now a sane person who doesn't have any screws loose in his head would have gotten rid of this car... guess I'm missing a few here and there :whistle:

Ok so now we come to the part where you see me 馃馃馃馃

• Axles fixed
  • Wishbones (i think that's what they are called) fixed
  • Suspensions front and back fixed
  • ABS fixed
  • Brakes and calipers new on all 4
  • Front tires
  • Gas tank and pump checked and fixed (now my car for the next few days has a gasoline smell)
  • Heating console replaced
  • TI leather seats bought but need to be installed
  • Basic mp3 installed (lost the MF controls for now)
The basic goal of this car is to get it mechanically fixed first and then all the rest after all this is my daily driver and as McDonald's says I'm loving it.

Next on the list:
1. Install the TI seats and freshen them up
2. Find someone to fix the rust issues

I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say or suggest anything, I'll update the post whenever I can and with pictures of the progress.

Premium Member
Looks like you've got the Alfa bug......very difficult to get cured. If I was you I'd move this post into 147/156 part of the forum, if you haven't already done so. You'll find a lot of info and members knowledge in there too. And welcome to the forum.(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaha thanks mate :D is there a way I can move the post myself or can you move it?

Premium Member
I think it'd be quicker to just copy n paste it to a new thread, than wait for a moderator to move it :sneaky:

Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
'Electrical windows issue (they go down beautifully but they rise only a few centimeters at the time on the way up)'

With the ignition on and the doors closed. Press the window switch down, keep pressing down for a further ten seconds after the window is fully open. Lift the window switch, keep lifting for a further ten seconds after the window is fully closed. Repeat for each door window.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Hey @paul.o thanks, I've tried that like more than 10 times but to no avail.
I can give it another try tomorrow, but the problem starts in your second part "Lift the window switch" usually when you do that the whole window goes up, in my case it only raises a few centimeters (2-3 centimeters)

I'll try it tomorrow and see if it's going to work or not.

Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
Let it do that but when it gets to the top hold the switch for ten seconds. or disconnect the battery then reconnect it, then try the switch holding routine.

Premium Member
^^^^If that still doesn't work, check that the glass isn't 'over-snagging' in the window frame. Otherwise, there may be a hairline crack in the rocker switch....works while you push down on it...but crack opens up very slightly while lifting breaking the contact patch.

Registered
...so is the guy who welded it. Nice to see it primed. Make sure the inside of the sills are treated with some cavity protection stuff.

Nice job though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I know it was really tough finding someone!
I'm not sure about the sills but everything is now protected 4 or 5 kilos of 3 layer protection.
When I get the car in the air I'll take some shots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts