Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has already been posted on here but found some images of what the 169 may look like (ie. If FIAT allow Alfa to build it).

I'm not really sure I like this interpretation.

The alloys look great but the general shape appears a lot like a Mercedes CLK which I'm not really a fan of styling wise.

AR could do a lot better IMO than take design cues from a CLK.

Fotogallery Alfa Romeo 169 preview

·
Registered
735 Posts
Probably:

1) wont look like this, just a render
2) if i am wrong, i dont really have that love at 1st sight feel about this one
3) it would be a looker in the flash, no matter the pics (same as MiTo IMO, and I have the same feeling about the giulietta) - Brera is way better looker in real, than in pics for example

·
Registered
953 Posts
I agree that it has the look of a merc beyond the front end but I have to confess that I wouldn't be to upset having that parked on my drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Always hard to comment on a model I guess that may not even see the light of day.

Here's another version which I haven't seen before.

Alfa Romeo 169

Even worse than the original pic posted. :(

Mind you, this is what the 159 replacement is supposed to look like.

Alfa Romeo Giulia

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
As Mitch says, lets wait. Us 166 owners are waiting with baited breath to know what it's replacement will be. Loads of the pics we have seen are photoshopped anyway, although admittedly this does look "production-ready", having said that, I'd rather keep the 166 I already have on my drive, it's not a looker really

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
it may not even happen now, I thought the new 147 is likely to be the last new Alfa for a while. I can't believe Fiat group are considering using Crysler platforms, has Crysler got anything going for them, I would imagine they come with ox cart suspension and inefficient engines.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
It worries me, but the fact is that I suspect the Chrysler effect will have more influence on the final design than the 8c.
Alfa never really sold enough 166's (even fewer in the States) and there is no suggestion that the 169 would be any different - forcing them to tap into the Chrysler 300c customer base. Eeek.

But we will have to wait and see......... and wait ............ and wait ........ and wait...........

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Alfa never really sold enough 166's (even fewer in the States)
:wow: I thought the last Alfa to be sold in the states was the 164 :confused:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Those headlights are awful... :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts