·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
facelift for me, as an executive saloon it seems to have more presence

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Facelift. In black. Last model V6. Fully loaded.
Ultra cool.

(Kinda 147GTA ish at the front.)

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
I think the 166 is the car which the facelift best suits. Definitely facelift for me.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The facelift by a country mile. Which doesn't say much for the original :p

·
Registered
37,367 Posts
Facelift for me.

I don't like the "Sad" face of the original. That is just about the only thing that has stopped me buying one TBH.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By some strange coincidence, I was watching an old TG yesterday where JC drove the facelifted 166 and I commented to my daughter (and automotive partner in crime) that I couldn't recall ever seeing one. Bugger me if I didn't see one half an hour later.

I later commented that I had never seen the British women's beach volleyball team running about naked in the garden rubbing strawberry jelly on each other.

1 out of 2 ain't bad though.

Oh and I prefer the facelift.

·
Vendor
45,307 Posts
Much prefer the facelift!

Keithy - :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has to be the facelift........though I have never seen one!

The original is one of the few Alfas I actually dislike, not at all impressed with the aesthetics tbh, and the few I have driven have not had the build quality I would expect for a car of that price bracket.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I used to think the facelift was nicer, but six months of owning the original and im loving that retro look :cool:
The facelift doesnt look right side on, the lines from back to front dont match up like the original.
I know im biased :p

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I loved almost everything about my pre-facelift 166 - except the front, which looks like a Proton. The not-so-practical effect of the front and the small headlights are that they were easily the worst headlights I have ever had the misfortune to drive behind.

For me, then, the facelift, for aesthetic and practical reasons.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Pre-facelift by a mile, facelift is a bland euro box.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Facelft :D:p

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
and the few I have driven have not had the build quality I would expect for a car of that price bracket.
166 build quality was fantastic!!

I prefer the facefift, although to be fair, the pre facelift picture chosen is a particularly poor one.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Has to be the facelift........though I have never seen one!

The original is one of the few Alfas I actually dislike, not at all impressed with the aesthetics tbh, and the few I have driven have not had the build quality I would expect for a car of that price bracket.
really? that surprises me, even the BMW fanatic at work was very impressed by the rock solid feel of my pre facelift 166.

i prefer the facelift, but only just. throw a novitec or zender front spoiler on the pre facelift and the result is reversed.

hmm, what a happy coincidence, i fitted a novitec spoiler to my pre facelift just after i bought it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts