Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Alfaowner-members! :)

I'm a new member here as you may notice. I'm a proud owner of a Alfa Romeo 166 V6 2.0
and my question is:

Where is the amplifiers location?

In the manual it says that it's location is over the CD-switcher, but it's not in my car.
It's somewhere else.

Sorry, if I can not tell the correct technical words ;)

Thanks for reading!

//Olssonn

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Hi fellow Alfaowner-members! :)

I'm a new member here as you may notice. I'm a proud owner of a Alfa Romeo 166 V6 2.0
and my question is:

Where is the amplifiers location?

In the manual it says that it's location is over the CD-switcher, but it's not in my car.
It's somewhere else.

Sorry, if I can not tell the correct technical words ;)

Thanks for reading!

//Olssonn
Olson
Thars where the DSP amp is located.
I assume non dsp is just the ICS

Pomeo

Welcome from zee land of Scandanavia A couple of yer fellow countrymen are on here from time to time

·
Registered
933 Posts
Olsson

Does the ICS display (when you select "settings" in audio mode) state DSP or SDV?

If its the latter then you have not got the Digital Sound Processer (amp). If it does show DSP, then as Pomeo says it would normally be on the frame above the CD changer.

I have read on here before that someone found it fitted inside the inspection flap on the right hand side of the boot (behind the fuel filler) so might be worth a butchers in there.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,550 Posts
What year is your car?

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I could not remember his name either, sur nanni, or senni was as much as I can remember,

I remember the car though, black, but I do not think he fitted the DSP in the end because of the cable

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,550 Posts
Does it have a graphic equalizer or just bass and treble displayed:confused:

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,550 Posts
:confused:is it a 155 or a 166 you drive. You updated your car details now

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Morgan - you are 'almost' Mr Memory (looks like he did get it installed)!

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/92611-dsp-updgrading-easier-with-166-facelift.html

By the way, what are the 39 Steps? :D
Haw ewe sticky glue...tha's my line.:lol:

tay answer yer ?...Furst remove wheel arch and find 3 bakers dozen oh scotch pies.

awe naw noo a feel a song cummin oan.

When the moon hitz yer eye like a big piece o pie ,or is it pizza pie ,thats a moor eeee.;):D

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
whats does SDV mean & do ?
:wow:Oh man I hope that's no you and your gun in that fotie.Huv you a firearm cert:D:cheese:

SDV
IIRC
IS
Speed Dependent Volume.

As yer speed goes UP the road noise and engine noise goes Up and hence IF this is activated so does the volume of the unit to compensate.

BUT If yer deef you din nae see ,or here, the difference.:lol:

Pomeo

See PDM Pure Dead Mental and PDP Pure Dead Pimps. If an only If ewe ken the answer or someone in the audience coughs at the appropriate time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts