Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Could someone please let me know what is the standard package the 164 came with? Or options?
I mean, what did all 164s come standard with, regardless of engine, trim or region. The base package if you will.

I'm interested in getting one and I want to make sure it has ABS and preferably, cruise control.

Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think any had cruise control, none of mine did, I have owned 5, 1 ts lusso, 1 ts, 1 3.0 24v super, and 2 cloverleafs.
That's a shame but not really a deal-breaker, as long as all of them come with ABS. Thanks for the info, derek155 :)
It would be nice if anyone had info and a thread similar to "166 Technical Specifications, Key Equipment & Options " would be opened. There's a lot of conflicting information on the 164 online

·
Registered
3 Posts
The US spec models have cruise control, or at least some of them, eg. the 164L. Quite rare in Europe, but they do pop up every once in a while on portals such as autoscout24 etc. Also, I bought a spare Busso engine taken from a 1995 automatic 24V and one of the ECUs that came with it was the cruise control ECU according to the part number. So from that I would assume cruise control was an optional extra on the later automatic EU-spec models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The US spec models have cruise control, or at least some of them, eg. the 164L. Quite rare in Europe, but they do pop up every once in a while on portals such as autoscout24 etc. Also, I bought a spare Busso engine taken from a 1995 automatic 24V and one of the ECUs that came with it was the cruise control ECU according to the part number. So from that I would assume cruise control was an optional extra on the later automatic EU-spec models.
Thanks for the info, GiriX1000. Do you happen to know if all of them have ABS or just the Lusso models? I'm looking at what I think is a 1st gen 3L V6 12v and while the description says it has ABS, I don't trust it as some are listed as 1987/89 model years that have ABS and airbag and I know those came out in 1994 so I'm trying to get a bit more accurate info

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to have a 1989 base model 3.0 V6 and it had ABS plus some other features listed as optional extras. Since it is listed as an optional extra, I suppose someone could have ordered a 164 without ABS but all the ones I know of have it. So a 164 3.0 V6 without ABS could be valuable due to its rarity :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's so cool! I'm assuming the name of the program is the one in the title bar? I might look into it. I already have a car without ABS and it is not fun. The car I'm looking at also doesn't mention it has air conditioning however, this is a photo of the dashboard which clearly has air conditioning. Should I go by the description or the photo? I'm really hoping it has A/C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, that car definitely has a/c, automatic climate control actually. Hope it works too. I had to replace all the hoses on mine since the old ones were too porous for the new refrigerants. Also the air flap stepper gearboxes are a weak point on the older models but they may work if repaired or changed at some stage. I replaced the plastic cogs in the stepper gearboxes with ones out of brass - the ultimate fix. Not sure if they are available anymore though. For Compact 98 to run on windows 10 you need a virtual machine with win XP or older. I use it because the online eper parts catalogue kept on freezing all the time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect! If she has ABS and AC, then it's enough for me. Thank you very much for all your help and information and I hope this helps someone else down the road. Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts