Alfa Romeo Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i have question, how did You make modification to lower gearbox f40 mount? Can i please You to send me photo on PM?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Hi, i have question, how did You make modification to lower gearbox f40 mount? Can i please You to send me photo on PM?
Hi,
it's stock 2.0 JTDm F40 gearbox mount, just slightly modified to fit opels bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Mhhh did you log data at the dyno run? Joel had some trouble and disabeled abs and esp on the dyno.
Abs/esp was an issue when testing at a hub dyno. With other dynoes I often had powerloss because of reduced airmass. Only with a very strong fan present I got “road” airflow numbers and realistic power.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Also why you need AFR of 17? 16.5 already high. Stock AFR is lower then 16.5 and you write like 16.5 is bad :)
My 147 picked up 20+hp with only 5 mm3 more fuel. Going from 279 hp with 110mm3 and afr of 16 to 301 hp with 115mm3 and a afr of 18. That extra power didnt came from the extra fuel alone, but for a big part from a more complete burn. EGT and smoke greatly reduced as well. It was a far safer tune while making a bunch more power.
Imo, you don’t need more than 120 iq to make 300 hp. If you do, it isnt as efficient as it should be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Imo, you don’t need more than 120 iq to make 300 hp. If you do, it isnt as efficient as it should be.
These IQ numbers for 300hp are a little bit unrealistic to be fair. Definitely not achievable with stock euro 4 engine and bolt on mods.
Mine has IQ 135, lambda ~14.1-13.1 for 1600+ airflow. Visible smoke only on high rpm, but nothing too crazy. With 2.6 bar of boost it barely hits 1800 mg of air. But it still far off 300hp.
Maybe if the head were ported, than these numbers would be realistic...

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Unrealistic? Then check out my topic, I’m talking real results not theory. Stock engine, never removed the head. Also 100-200 km/h acceleration in 11 secs. We achieved even higher iq/torque conversion numbers at the JTD racing engine, also with a smokefree/ high AFR tune.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
So, if you are right, for example Vectra C with stock injectors, R70 and GTB2060 can achieve 280-290hp without a problem? Because they can deliver [email protected] bar.

I have read your topic n times, and still can't figure it out. I'am not saying, that your numbers are wrong. I'am just searching for a reason why for everybody else these results are hardly achievable.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
So, if you are right, for example Vectra C with stock injectors, R70 and GTB2060 can achieve 280-290hp without a problem? Because they can deliver [email protected] bar.

I have read your topic n times, and still can't figure it out. I'am not saying, that your numbers are wrong. I'am just searching for a reason why for everybody else these results are hardly achievable.
280-290 with stock injectors seems unrealistic. Even if you would get the needed IQ out of these (which I hardly doubt) the duration will be too long. I used Ducati Corse injectors, these are the best flowing factory injectors available. With the stock R70 pump, IQ of 115 , rail of just below 1800 bar I broke the 300 hp barrier.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Mine 327s are a little bit weaker than DC injectors. But it can't be that much of a difference.
Maybe 159 log manifold is restrictive, but dyno graph says it's efficient enough for good power curve up to redline. All intercooler pipe'ing are 64mm, buttefly valve delete (which helped a lot). EOI is at about 0. Everything else are same or equal.
So, it can be Euro3 head or DC injectors (I highly doubt it).

BTW, I contacted you via email for a 3.5 bar MAP sensor linearization, which my friend bought from your shop. We can't find the right map for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Started to fine tune SOI map, but I'am not confident with what I'am doing. I want to retard SOI on low rews to increase spool up, but where is limit how much can I retard it before it starts to give unwanted consequences.
I'am thinking, maybe I can construct PCP measuring device. With some modifications glow plug with pressure sensor can easily fit to Z19DTH head. And then I can connect crankshaft angle sensor and pressure sensor to Arduino to log both values. Can it work?

141 - 155 of 155 Posts