Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Loud sound is nice but if you use car to normal use is tiring, drive with the loud exhaust on highway... boring, head exploud. All ecological stuf is ok when work but if you have 200km on dash then begin problems. I prefer use normal catalyst.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loud sound is nice but if you use car to normal use is tiring, drive with the loud exhaust on highway... boring, head exploud. All ecological stuf is ok when work but if you have 200km on dash then begin problems. I prefer use normal catalyst.
When EGR works -it's not ok :D egr puts soot in intake and breather puts oil and other liquids into intake - wet+soot = nice black glue :D Thank you, but no thank you. DPF, catalyst i agree does less damage to a car. But just take into account: with DPF my car used 7.1L 100km at low speed drives, it was 90km/h. Now without dpf and increased power on the same conditions it takes 6L-6.3L/100km. This just shows how much dpf is putting load on engine + of course post injections. Now my car never does post injections, i made them not to happen via ecu..so less fuel-more ecological car :) CO2 is A MUST for nature it's most important gases, and those who say CO2 is bad -are stupid and have no knowledge in basic biology, it's a propaganda. NOx is bad, not CO2

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
CO2 is A MUST for nature it's most important gases, and those who say CO2 is bad -are stupid and have no knowledge in basic biology, it's a propaganda. NOx is bad, not CO2
Oh dear, I hadnt realised you were a nut case - so 98% of climate scientitsts are wrong and making it up ? Sorry but its hard to take anything you say seriously after that post. Next you ll be saying the moon landing was faked, the earth is flat, vaccines are bad, 911 was an inside job etc etc 🤣

First attempt to reach 300HP failed. But on the bright side, it looks like exhaust manifold is not restrictive at all.
Still a good result, why does the graph only start at 2190rpm ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Mhhh did you log data at the dyno run? Joel had some trouble and disabeled abs and esp on the dyno.
No, it was dyno day event, so there was no time for data logging. Just turned off vdc and asr and that's it. No problem at all.

Still a good result, why does the graph only start at 2190rpm ?
I don't know, but they always begin from 2000+RPM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which car have stock afr [smoke limiter map] of 20 ? stupid high afr :) I attached stock afr of alfa 156. Ye sit smokes when flooring from 0km/h but for few secs. There is absolutely no reason for 20 afr.
(...)
PS> Car can do AFR of 60 when running, im talkig about Smoke limiter map AFR values.
Those maps serve only as a lower limit, meaning that the lambda can never be below those values (if other maps are not decalibrated and all sensors work ok, obviously). It does not mean that the car will do such "low" lambda values with original torque limiters on continued load (it should do them in transient load, before full requested boost is built).
AFR 20:1 or around that is indeed the stock afr on full load for most diesels, as shown in the datalog posted by crossshot. :)

Example from another brand, 2.0 16v 150hp engine from 2001 (euro3):

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm assuming you do know what the "stock" word means?
Do you also understand that the stock lambda maps are lower than what is achieved in full load precisely for better transient response and not for full load max iq control? :)

I could show a log of that same car doing 120mm^3 with > 16 AFR but I guess it would be no match for your 104mm^3 monster.. ffs 😂

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm assuming you do know what the "stock" word means?
Do you also understand that the stock lambda maps are lower than what is achieved in full load precisely for better transient response and not for full load max iq control? :)

I could show a log of that same car doing 120mm^3 with > 16 AFR but I guess it would be no match for your 104mm^3 monster.. ffs 😂
All im saying that STOCK AFR maps have values between 12 and 22. Whn you show me some shitty car with 55IQ real AFR is stupid. it have NOTHING to do with AFR maps. AFR maps only used when flooring gas pedal. It's a limiter map. My car also can drive with afr of 2000 so what? Im never said that diesels dont go on 22AFR, i said MAPS usually dont go beyond 22.

·
Registered
770 Posts
In your first posts you dont talking about AFR maps. You're talking about AFR. And the maps dont count. Nobody talking about AFR maps. Everybody talks about real AFR. What came out of the engine counts...

121 - 135 of 135 Posts