Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all! First post here since I do have something to share with you:

My 2000 1.6 156, in silver matte wrap. It was the best solution I had when I took my Alfa to a car detailing shop since she needed a "spa", all inclusive.

You see, over the years, some parts of the car were repainted and the result was a metallic silver car with three different tones of the color. It was an awful site - to my eyes at least.

I won't bother you with the details, let's just say that I now own an Alfa Romeo 156, 2013 version. Glad to answer any questions.

Enjoy (..and excuse any grammar mistakes, I'm from Greece):

Attachments

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
It actually looks really good!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both :)

So far I have gotten only positive feedback for the looks and my wife keeps telling me that people look at it on the road.

The only dispute is over the "heart". Some prefer it silver (original) and some black (as it is now). But me, I like it black as well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much does a wrap cost?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind me asking, how much does a wrap cost?
To me, the total cost was 900 Euro or 770 GBP.

But here in Greece the price range goes from 1.000 Euros to 2.000 Euros (855 to 1.710 GBP) depending on the vinyl brand (my case 3M), the finish (glossy or matte) etc.

I don't know what's the price in the UK.

P

·
0 Posts
I hate cars in Matte...... I really do think it looks vulgar..

But hats off, yours looks superb and really works. I am very impressed :thumbs:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate cars in Matte...... I really do think it looks vulgar..

But hats off, yours looks superb and really works. I am very impressed :thumbs:

Reading this from a "hater", I can only be impressed as well and feel honored. :):)

I must point out that this was not an easy decision since - apart from a wrapped 156 in matte black which is ugly as hell - I could not find one other 156 wrapped in any color, matte or glossy. Nothing at all. The only easy choice was the color since mine was metallic silver and I really didn't want to move over from this color range.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Reading this from a "hater", I can only be impressed as well and feel honored. :):)

I must point out that this was not an easy decision since - apart from a wrapped 156 in matte black which is ugly as hell - I could not find one other 156 wrapped in any color, matte or glossy. Nothing at all. The only easy choice was the color since mine was metallic silver and I really didn't want to move over from this color range.
Although i own 147 mine is wrap in gloss white,check my signature.

Here is 156 wrap is white with carbon black roof

GRAFICO - ALFA FULL VEHICLE VINYL WRAP - YouTube

But I agree the matt wont look nice plus it will be a pain to keep clean

Overall your car look great :thumbs:,looks like brushed aluminium/nickel

·
Registered
972 Posts
Gorgeous looking car. Hate Matt black (which is all you usually see) but the silver really works. Your car looks like it's just driven out of the showroom :) The 156 is in many ways a sexier shape than the 159 (front) - still looks fresh today.

·
Registered
413 Posts
To me, the total cost was 900 Euro or 770 GBP.

But here in Greece the price range goes from 1.000 Euros to 2.000 Euros (855 to 1.710 GBP) depending on the vinyl brand (my case 3M), the finish (glossy or matte) etc.

I don't know what's the price in the UK.
Probably more, in rip-off Britain :)

Your car looks awesome! :thumbs:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for your kind words! It's always nice to get even more positive feedback!

Although i own 147 mine is wrap in gloss white,check my signature.

Here is 156 wrap is white with carbon black roof

GRAFICO - ALFA FULL VEHICLE VINYL WRAP - YouTube

But I agree the matt wont look nice plus it will be a pain to keep clean

Overall your car look great :thumbs:,looks like brushed aluminium/nickel
..and I thought I had done a good research.:rolleyes:

Both your 147 and the 156 look awesome (and may I add, good job on the exhaust)!

Probably more, in rip-off Britain :)

Your car looks awesome! :thumbs:
Thank you! Just to say that anything above 1.000 Euros is considered a rip-off here as well mostly because this price gets close to a base price for a re-paint. But personally, I trust no one to take apart a 13 years old car.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts