Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is fuel getting to the injectors (Super unleaded 97 octane) and spark plugs are fine. The std alarm and immobilizer was turned off.But as never casued a problem in 4 months. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The alarm has been known to come on without your knowledge. Happened to me and left me right up s h i t creak. Is the little key light on on the dash.?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The key(code) thing on the dash is staying on.. if i turn it on and off 10-15 times it will go out and i can start is there anything i can do to fix this ? I was following a funrual car at 8 mph at the time it stoped.

So u can see how it looked with me nice suit under a alfa lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
it could be ur key fob, ive had similar probbs with all my alfas :( i opened my key up once and it was all gooey and sticky under the black button and that i think made the switch inside the key stuck down, worked ok after, have you got a spare key you could try?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
have a search for checking the key code receiver thing in or around the ignition lock.............I'm sure I've read that it can be loose causing the problems you describe.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont actual use a normal red fob key. It looks like a normal red Ford key (not a rounded key thing tho its flat)

i do have a proper alfa fob but the key thing was losted and i was just given the plastic bit lol

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
That might be the master key, cant remember if the early 156 had those ........... the previous models had a dark red master key

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That might be the master key, cant remember if the early 156 had those ........... the previous models had a dark red master key
could be, if so. I'v also been told they only work a limited amount of times before they stop working :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts