Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people
just want to ask a few questions about the 150bhp jtd engine...
whats the best oil to put in it ?
best place to get the car remapped ?
best glow plugs ?

be nice to know a few different types of oils and what everyone expeirence was :)
as i really wanna change the oil in the alfa, but i wanna put the best in it for the engine and turbo's sake :)

thanks
chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Selenia WR 5w-40 is the recommended oil to use it's £41.00 + VAT for 5L from the dealers. You can use other oil brands with the following classification (SAE 5W40 - ACEA B3 API CF). With regards to glow pugs they are available from the dealers at £15.90 + VAT each (Part number 46792355) but whether or not they are the best or not I couldn't tell you. I only ever fit genuine parts as I've used cheaper alternatives in the past and found they usually don't last half as long.

Hope this helps.

Colin

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Selenia WR 5w-40 is the recommended oil to use it's £41.00 + VAT for 5L from the dealers. You can use other oil brands with the following classification (SAE 5W40 - ACEA B3 API CF). With regards to glow pugs they are available from the dealers at £15.90 + VAT each (Part number 46792355) but whether or not they are the best or not I couldn't tell you. I only ever fit genuine parts as I've used cheaper alternatives in the past and found they usually don't last half as long.

Hope this helps.

Colin
That's not right, 10-40 semi synth is recommended for the 2.4 JTD 10v. I use Halfords | Mobil Super 2000 X1 10W/40 Oil 5L and it does the job perfectly well. Regular oil changes a good idea with any turbo car of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts