Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My side skirts have come adrift and I have bought some sikaflex to glue them.
I was told to use duck tape to hold them in place whilst the glue set, but as they are slightly warped this does not do the job.
Your sugeations would be appreciated

·
Vendor
47,944 Posts
I used some lengths of 2x1" wood, cut 45 degree angles on each end, then wedged them between the sideskirt and the ground to hold the glued skirt in place, then put bricks on top of the wood and left them there overnight so the sikaflex could cure.

You can buy clamps designed for this purpose, bodyshops have them normally. But if you've only got one job to do then it probably isn't worth buying the clamps.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I put a screw through mine and into the bodywork. Nothing seems to stick them once there warped. I'm sure there's a better solution but I just didn't want them to fall off and didn't worry too much about the consequences of my slap dashness. Brutal but effective shall we say.

I recently fitted a shower and used something called "sticks like ****" for the shower wall. This was really good and might work especially if you can find a convenient curb to put some wooden props to let is set. Don't use real **** though as this only sticks to blankets.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.