Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a similar thread a while back and managed to get hold of a used speed sensor through the forum,however the car is still misbehaving and it is making me consider getting shot of it,any ideas i think its electronic but the diagnostics machine didnt come up with anything new.:cry:

·
Registered
10,575 Posts

·
Banned
530 Posts
It's 8v isn't it have you checked your plenium rubbers for leaks or burst common fault,also check your plenium also for crack's if it's plastic.

·
Banned
530 Posts
You have rubber sleeve's that go in between the inlet plenum and the inlet manifold,I will swear that is or will be your problem,because every 8v I know and had needed to be changed!!!,so start it up,and try and move your inlet plenum,you'll soon noticed if the rubbers are fecked.Oh and alfa do not list these parts anymore,so you can measure them and get after market one's,if my memories serve me correct it is 45mm at the top and 40 at the bottom,let us know how you get on bud

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rubber sleeves between the inlet manifold and plenum are a bit old and nasty but not split,ive got some silicone ones on the way to replace them anyway and im gonna have to really check over the plenum as there is some areas on it that look dodgy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update,ive fitted silicone reducers and checked for air leaks and problem solved,however the airleak was not the reducers(rubber sleeves between plenum and inlet manifold)it is in fact the inlet pipe between the airflow meter and throttle body,its sealed for now with silicone with tape wrapped around it but the plan is to make a custom inlet out of silicone piping.I also managed to break the airbox while doing the work so now i need to make something for that.

·
Banned
530 Posts
Brilliant bud,these 8v airbox's are very hard to come by,but me being me,there is one for sale on Italian eBay at the mo,just type in alfa Romeo 155 then scroll down,I think it was on page 11 I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts