Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here :)

I have an alfa 147. My driver side wing was dented 2 months ago and I found one with same colour on ebay. I got it replaced and my problems started right after that.
My speedometer is flashing, my windows no longer working, I can't open the boot with my key tempeture is no longer showing on display. I have checked the fuse box under steering wheel column and they are all ok. Not sure what to do. It could be something simple but I am no mechanic. I don't want to take it to a Alfa dealer as I know it will cost me a fortune. If any of you guys out there know how to fix this or if there is a good garage which is good and can fix the problem it would be great. Btw I live in South East. In Reading, Berkshire.
Thank you all in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The speedo is flashing because its the cars way of showing it has a fault.The windows and so on may simply be corrected by someone doing a proxy realignement then the speedo will stop flashing. Changing the wing was probably a coincidence and did not cause these issues.Plenty of independant Alfa workshops exist get it put on diag via a laptop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will google independent alfa garages over here. Thanks for your reply.
However the guy who fitted the wing did proxy realignement and he also did diagnoised but it did not find any faults. I am not sure his device was %100 compatible with Alfa tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts