Ebc Yellow pads all round on stock diameter discs
Front brakes updated to:
4Pot Brembo from Fiat Coupé 20Vt
ATE original brake pads
Ate 305x28mm discs
Some pictures:

100-200 time on Dragy
Tune is 110mm3, 1700bar and 2.3 bar boost, smoke is very reduced

On speedo 100-200 is around 2 seg faster because it has an 10km deficit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice project! Do have some datalogs or more informations (IQ, boost)? Why maf off?
Yes, have some old ones but is 110mm3 and 2.2 bar of boost and 1650bar of rail, i will attach here, this was started in 3rd, than 4th 5th and 6th gear.
I had 80mm maf, but i perfer without maf also i am using an bmc cda filter which normally ruins the maf, so i remove it, car hardly smokes at wot at any rpm.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is the time corrected? What tire dimension are mounted? Looks not very fast for the numbers in your log.
Not corrected slope is minimal so no need...
tires original 215 45 17. Its 14 seg speedo times. The bad thing is that most of alfa 147 on youtube times are speedo, and there is a deficit of 10 kph, and if you check joels car on 272hp my car does it faster 14 against his 16 seg so... speedo kph...

·
Registered
987 Posts
You inject a lot (!!!) more fuel than Joel. 110mm3 @ 4800 is enough fuel for over 300hp. Compared to your IQ its to slow. This is what I mean.
You will kill your turbo with your setup very soon. You have a boost creep.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You inject a lot (!!!) more fuel than Joel. 110mm3 @ 4800 is enough fuel for over 300hp. Compared to your IQ its to slow. This is what I mean.
You will kill your turbo with your setup very soon. You have a boost creep.
You are wrong, as you can see here! Alfa 147 JTD-Performance 272 hp sound & smoke test - YouTube It states 110mm3 and 2.2 bar boost, and my car is almost 2 seg faster 100-200.
110mm3 is not a lot of fuel, and no way you can do 300hp with 110mm3 ~ 92 mg, you guys can say what ever you want but is just not real!
And thanks for your concern but the turbo is fine, boost creep only in 4th gear and does not deviate 100gr, so big deal!

·
Registered
987 Posts
110mm³ @ 4000rpm is lower power than 110mm³ @ 4800rpm.

Joel had 300hp with 105mm³ @ 4650rpm (without wmi).

But anyway: for the IQ the car is to slow. My car is faster with less IQ and 147 is compared to a Stilo. My measurement are also done with GPS. I cant look into your mapping but there must be something wrong. Maybe wrong or bad extrapolated duration table. And the boost creep is the badest thing...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
110mm³ @ 4000rpm is lower power than 110mm³ @ 4800rpm.

Joel had 300hp with 105mm³ @ 4650rpm (without wmi).

But anyway: for the IQ the car is to slow. My car is faster with less IQ and 147 is compared to a Stilo. My measurement are also done with GPS. I cant look into your mapping but there must be something wrong. Maybe wrong or bad extrapolated duration table. And the boost creep is the badest thing...
That is your opinion, and nothing more, you car is faster with a big deviation on speedo show me a proper gps monitor run!
And btw his car never had 300hp, because a 300hp 147 does 100-200 dragy time so not speedo around 12seg and speedo times are 9.9 seg i can show you!

·
Registered
987 Posts
14,56sec with 5Hz GPS. And speedo is also ~10kph wrong. So its the same as your Alfa. On speedo i need 13sec at the moment.

Here the video:

And my car has still stock exhaust size and catalyst from 2.4 JTDm inside...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
14,56sec with 5Hz GPS. And speedo is also ~10kph wrong. So its the same as your Alfa. On speedo i need 13sec at the moment.

Here the video:

And my car has still stock exhaust size and catalyst from 2.4 JTDm inside...
I also have a 14.35 run but is bigger downhill slope, so i didnt post! lol
Btw i dont see any gps numbers, just have to take your word for it ;) dragy is 10hz gps so quite a bit more accurate!
Looks good, but its a different car different slower gps, maybe smaller wheels, different final drive on the gearbox, so a lot of factors.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That is your opinion, and nothing more, you car is faster with a big deviation on speedo show me a proper gps monitor run!
And btw his car never had 300hp, because a 300hp 147 does 100-200 dragy time so not speedo around 12seg and speedo times are 9.9 seg i can show you!
Now it gets interesting... so I was telling fairytales all the time? I went to 5 different dyno stations to check the power of my car, and they were all wrong? :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Now it gets interesting... so I was telling fairytales all the time? I went to 5 different dyno stations to check the power of my car, and they were all wrong? :D
I dont know if they were fairy tales, and maybe i wrote in a bad way, but it was just my point of view about it, and i gave here an example of an 3xxhp alfa 147 100-200 speedo times and vs yours are very different.

·
Registered
987 Posts
And difference of of 2,5sec between speedo and gps is wired. Maybe the dash video was downhill? We dont know it.

Joels car need on the last facebook video 11sec on speedo. Yes, maybe it was downhill. We dont know it.

We also dont know the tire size. And GTB2060 vs GTB2260 is also a big difference in higher revs. HP is not HP. Torque curve and so on. We have no logs or dyno sheets from the 300hp youtube 147. Maybe the car have a lot more than 300hp?

Joel share all changes on his car and his target was not only max power. He had every time an eye on a smokeless and daily car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
And difference of of 2,5sec between speedo and gps is wired. Maybe the dash video was downhill? We dont know it.

Joels car need on the last facebook video 11sec on speedo. Yes, maybe it was downhill. We dont know it.

We also dont know the tire size. And GTB2060 vs GTB2260 is also a big difference in higher revs. HP is not HP. Torque curve and so on. We have no logs or dyno sheets from the 300hp youtube 147. Maybe the car have a lot more than 300hp?

Joel share all changes on his car and his target was not only max power. He had every time an eye on a smokeless and daily car.
The difference between speed and gps is real i can confirm that on my own car, yeah you will say my speedo.is not ok, lol, but there are others that confirm the same...
11 seg... on speedo for a 300hp 147 is not the best indicator and also could be downhill like you said, i know there is a differencein powerband from gtb20 to gtb22... Anyway like i said just my point of view no need to come and defend his build because i just made a small comparison.
... btw the 147 had q2 stock wheels 308 injectors r80 pump fmic exhqust and a stock gtb2260 bmw, so not a lot more than 300hp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts