Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have problem with camber on my 147. When i bought my car (2018) camber was normal. Year ago I lowered my car with Eibach Sportline springs, camber went negative as usually with lowered cars. About month ago i went back on stock springs but with Strongflex bushes on lower and upper wishbone. But camber is still there. Somebody have fix for my problem?
Pictures show geometry info from 2018 and from few days ago.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
The colours of your flag suggest Slavic origin and a check reveals Croatia. Would you be so good as to translate the terms as otherwise it would take me ages to get this right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Camber in first photo (2018) is -0.40 left side front and right side front is -0.20.
Camber with Strongflex bushing installed about week ago is -1.27 both left and right front.
I don't know why is gone so negative

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Well, don't worry because that seems about right. I am not sure about 147s as the suspension options are not so clear as a 156 but if that was a 156 with factory sports suspension, I'd be very happy. AFAIK, when the top bushes are worn, the allow the top of the tyre to sit out which means less negative camber. That is exactly what has happened in your case so it looks like it is about right now. It may be slightly more negative than when new if the springs are slightly sagged.

With that camber, the consensus is to forget about setting the front tracking to toe-out. Run it parallel instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but it wasn't clear to me why now when my car isn't lowered I have such a negative camber. First I tought that camber is negative because of Strongflex PU bushings. When I was on everything stock camber was -0.20 and now is everything stock except of upper and lower wishbones they are Strongflex fitted bushings.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
0.2 degrees is too little so there must have been a fault before (worn bushes). Measure from the centre of the wheel vertically up to the bottom of the wheelarch. Expect a reading of around 375mm. Please post the results (car on level ground and unloaded). 375mm should give a camber angle of at least 1 degree negative or perhaps very slightly more from my experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0.2 degrees is too little so there must have been a fault before (worn bushes). Measure from the centre of the wheel vertically up to the bottom of the wheelarch. Expect a reading of around 375mm. Please post the results (car on level ground and unloaded). 375mm should give a camber angle of at least 1 degree negative or perhaps very slightly more from my experience.
I measured and it is 375mm.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I'd be happy with that then. Your camber is unusually even so just enjoy the car behaving exactly as it was intended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts