Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Im about to replace my battery as its coming to its end (Probably). Since the temp through the night dropped around 0 I have troubles to start the car in the morning. I had same problem last year, Whole year it was starting fine no issues but as soon as the temp dropped I have troubles to crank the engine. What battery specs would you recommend for my engine ? I cant find any diagram or something I should follow for example what max amp I can use dimmensions ect.

Thanks for any reply and have a good day!

·
Registered
JTD 8v stage1+
614 Posts
Stock is 60Ah 540A (EN) 242x175x190mm
Normally should fit 278x175x190 70-90Ah 600-800A

First I would check A consumption, better <0,05A. if ok then check if 278x175x190mm is ok then buy 70-90Ah 600-800A (EN).

·
Registered
30,396 Posts
Have 147 got space for a 278mm long battery?
(just assuming he has a 147 from his profile pic)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry yh I have 147. Currently I have varta 70ah 640a Ive read that this battery is more for older cars dunno whats true about it. The only thing I have as "extra" in my car is loudlink for aux and heated seats but they doesnt work (not sure why) so I dont think I need to go extreme on amper hours. Ive found a good reviews on exide premium 72ah 720a this should have lil bit more juice for morning starts. What do you think about this one ? Price/quality.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,318 Posts
Deleted....wrong car model!!

·
Registered
30,396 Posts
Sorry yh I have 147. Currently I have varta 70ah 640a Ive read that this battery is more for older cars dunno whats true about it. The only thing I have as "extra" in my car is loudlink for aux and heated seats but they doesnt work (not sure why) so I dont think I need to go extreme on amper hours. Ive found a good reviews on exide premium 72ah 720a this should have lil bit more juice for morning starts. What do you think about this one ? Price/quality.
Your 70Ah 640CCA Varta will be their E13, which is their base model 096 battery.

Their E44 will give you 780CCA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, the one u sent is 15mm higher than the original one or from the exide which I mentioned before. Thats might be a problem as right now Im struggling a bit to connect positive connector to the battery.

·
Registered
30,396 Posts
Hmm, the one u sent is 15mm higher than the original one or from the exide which I mentioned before. Thats might be a problem as right now Im struggling a bit to connect positive connector to the battery.
As you haven’t mentioned any physical size or model numbers, there has been some guesswork involved.

if your battery is only 175mm high and 278mm long, that is the “100” size.

So Varta E38:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm using an Exide Premium 067TE / EA770 12V 77Ah 760A. It's the third one I've owned, good batteries at a good price. 067TE Exide EA770 Car Battery 12V 77Ah 760A fits BMW Citroen Ferrari Ford Merc | eBay

Size is
Length: 278 mm,
Width: 175 mm
Height: 190 mm

And yes, I did have to adjust the strap to suit the extra 15mm height. However this is the largest physically possible in my car. I do have to angle it into position and squeeze the top boost hose to hook the battery underneath. But it's clear of everything once mounted. I have no issue with cables being too short.

eBay's vehicle fitting wizard says it doesn't fit (2008 147 Sport Q2 1.9 JTDM 16v 150bhp). It said the same back in 2017, when I bought the previous one (which is still pretty good). But it does!

Gadget Audio equipment Electronic instrument Electronic component Electronic engineering

1 - 10 of 10 Posts