Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The laquer on my red GTV has blistered on the roof and a recent wash with a pressure hose has lifted two big patches off the roof.

What with the stone chips on the bonnet, some damage to the rear bumper, pinking side skirts and the difficulty of matching Alfa red I'm probably going for a full respray. Alternate ideas or an indication of likely price would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
£2.5K - £4K for a top quality job, maybe 1.5K for a lesser quality one...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to get a quote tomorrow. I have a mate who runs a car dealership and has used a number of painters in the area and has recommended this guy as the best.

·
Registered
99 Posts
£2.5K - £4K for a top quality job, maybe 1.5K for a lesser quality one...[/QUOTE

im getting a full respray from sum guy i know for under a grand! and to be honest he resprayed my mates and its not the same job u'd get for 3-4k but its a VERY good job for the money.

alfa155.org :: View topic - G'S GTV

Have you got contact details/location for the guy that sprayed the GTV on the 155 forum?

need to get my Proteo Red GTV looked at.....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Have you got contact details/location for the guy that sprayed the GTV on the 155 forum?

need to get my Proteo Red GTV looked at.....
iv got a proteo red one too and thats next on the cards as the laquer is coming off. it was big G's gtv on here if u want to pm him or i'll ask him at some point. the guy that does it is in carnoustie, scotland

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paint job is looking to be about £1750 but he's recommending taking all the windows out so that it doesn't run the risk of laquer peeling away at the leading edges if he just masks it... About £2200 in total I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts