Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken again from Italiaspeed, Marchionne has outlined medium term production...

Mirafiori factory to continue to build the MiTo including with the multiair engine. Other models including the Punto classic, Musa and Idea

Cassino to build the new c-segment (Milano) to begin in 2010 (along side the Bravo, Delta and Croma

Pomigliano - Alfa 159 saloon & sportwagon (with Euro V engines) to continue beyond 2010. Production of Alfa 147 and GT confirmed for 2010, subsequent assignment of new platform (for 1 or more models) planned.

So the Pomigliano factory survives though loses the new Milano production, which may be a good thing quality wise.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not mentioned but I believe Pininfarina manufacture the Brera and Spider??

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If they are building new 147's in 2010, where does that put the launch date for the Milano which is also being built in 2010,
are we looking at mid 2010 for 147 production ending / Milano production starting, or are they going to build them concurrently, perhaps for different markets?

I think the statement raises more questions than answers.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fiat Group tend to continue making older models (they are still making the normal Punto for example). I think they will run concurrently at least for a while.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
do people still buy 147's brand new?
Yes, they do, I've seen a couple of 09 regs lately down here, although both were " Special Editions " one a Ducatti and the other a Colliozone, both were Black, and looked really nice too !!!!!......:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hijack your thread fellas but whats your opinion on the outlook for the GT?

Cheers Paul
I think the GT will be around for as long as they are selling enough. I know that sounds obvious but as soon as they stop selling I would think they would be chopped.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Why kill a winner. Component availability withstanding, could be around for sometime, it's probably a very profitable car for them, all the R&D, tooling etc would have been paid off long ago and with the 147 continuing componentry should be no problem.

D

·
0 Posts
Alfa and Fiat would want to get rid of the 147 here, its over 1k euro to tax a petrol 1.6 over here. Due to the emissions.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yes, they do, I've seen a couple of 09 regs lately down here, although both were " Special Editions " one a Ducatti and the other a Colliozone, both were Black, and looked really nice too !!!!!......:thumbs:
yup. saw a new one in a camping field at silverstone today.
looked real nice in red.

U

·
0 Posts
Pininfarina do have a contract manufacturing plant - but they are in the process of closing this side of the business as it is deeply in debt. They build the Ford Focus CC cabriolet for one. Colt CC as well I think.

"Pininfarina is a leader in the production of niche vehicles. Its approach to production is based on team-building, flexibility and interchangeability. Apart from the Italian plants of Grugliasco, San Giorgio and Bairo, dedicated to the production of vehicles for Alfa Romeo, Ford and Mitsubishi, Pininfarina Sverige produces the C70 at the Udevalla (Sweden) facility. " (from their web site) Yes they DO build the Mitsubishi Shogun (Pajero) Pinin!

http://www.pininfarina.com/index/servizi/produzione - link shows both Brera and Spider models in production at Pininfarina

I don't believe Giugiaro have any production facilities other than to build prototypes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts