Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they country that loves alfas, i have a solution for you all to get money out of ur cars, take it to my uncles garage in cyprus and ull good money, he imports from england and charges double and apparently heas cheap, i saw a 06 brera fully loaded for 35000 euro thats £30000, also gtv v6 03 18000 euro thats 14000, what prices they hittin in europe is amazin i bought mine for a price of a 1992 civic out there

·
Registered
88 Posts
who services alfa's in cyprus?
What do you mean who services? The garage name or that guys uncle's name? The importer is Demades and they have service centers or authorized garages in all major towns.

What he said is true about the prices by the way. Cars and especially cars with engines over 2.2-2.5 lt are crazy expensive compared to the UK due to this stupid so called "Consumption" tax we have that's based on engine capacity, CO2 emmisions and the car's age, so it not a bad idea to sell in Cyprus come to think of it although there's quite a bit of red tape to go through.

So hello from Cyprus and first post by the way! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks 68alfa, I always had a thing for Alfas and now that the MiTo is out it's very possible i'll buy one.

On another note i got a call back from Alfa Romeo Cyprus about the MiTo and the guy told me they havent got the brochures yet to send me one and the demo car (only one in Cyprus!), which will be a left hand drive one, is due in Cyprus in about a month for test drives etc. Prices he told me "off the record" will be around 13,000 CYP which is around 17,000 Euros, for the 155bhp 1.4T and he also told me they haven't got anything on their "list" about the GTA so he thinks they wont import it.. Thats the one i was really interested in and seeing as the Cooper S is so popular here it would be a real shame not to import it... Anyway as soon as the demo car is in the country he'll let me know for a test drive and i'll see from there on.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
nice to know alfa's are loved in cyprus... : thumbs:
welcome to ao. :)
No no, alfas are not loved in Cyprus, not at all.
The majority of people in Cyprus have this stupid idea that german and japanese cars are better than anything else.
I mean, i recently bought my Alfa Brera and everyone was telling me that I waste my money, that i could buy a good merc's or a beemer or an audi with that money.
They were like... laughing at me...
Now everyone looks at my Brera and, I am glad to say, they are taking back whatever they said to me before about alfas.
Now as time passes by I want to prove to all this people that alfa romeos nowdays is as reliable as any other brand.
And yes cars in Cyprus are stupiditly more expencive, but at least the insurance is not as much high as in England

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now everyone looks at my Brera and, I am glad to say, they are taking back whatever they said to me before about alfas.
Now as time passes by I want to prove to all this people that alfa romeos nowdays is as reliable as any other brand.
Yia sou Nikola! I'm glad you're enjoying your Brera and i'm sure you get envious stares wherever you drive. Breras and Spiders are pretty rare in CY and it's a treat whenever i see one, there's a gorgeous black Spider here in Paphos that see very now and then but it's owner, much like ALL convertible car owners here, always drives around with the top up! With 300 days a year of sunshine in Cyprus why buy a convertible and always drive around with the top up??

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
With 300 days a year of sunshine in Cyprus why buy a convertible and always drive around with the top up??
Very true... very sad...
Most convertible owners (in Cyprus) don't know the purpose of a convertible car.
They just buy them because they think is cool, and they think that makes them look cool....
They buy them just for the case if someone asks them:
-What car do you drive?
-Well, I drive a ....... convertible

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been reading this thread from a distance, all true about the way Cypriots view alfas, but who wants to join a bunch of copy-cats with boaring german cars:lol:

I have a new spider (Missano blue) (well its a year old) works like a dream, just had it serviced (one year service) basically an oil change 259 euros... not exactly thrilled about this but hey!

Regarding what some guys say about having a convertible and driving with the top up, you failed to explain tou our international friends that in Cyprus during the summer months its 40C+ and hummidity is around 90%. I only have the hood down October-April:cool: the summer months its AC all the way!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Top up!

Yia sou Nikola! I'm glad you're enjoying your Brera and i'm sure you get envious stares wherever you drive. Breras and Spiders are pretty rare in CY and it's a treat whenever i see one, there's a gorgeous black Spider here in Paphos that see very now and then but it's owner, much like ALL convertible car owners here, always drives around with the top up! With 300 days a year of sunshine in Cyprus why buy a convertible and always drive around with the top up??
Well, it's understandable. If you ever drove in Cyprus you've noticed that after two days of driving inland your black car becomes white-ish. If I'd had a Brera with leather upholstery for sure I won't drive with the top down unless I would like to impress someone, but with the risk of ruining the interior of my car.:tut:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, it's understandable. If you ever drove in Cyprus you've noticed that after two days of driving inland your black car becomes white-ish. If I'd had a Brera with leather upholstery for sure I won't drive with the top down unless I would like to impress someone, but with the risk of ruining the interior of my car.:tut:
I'm Cypriot so yes you could say i do drive in Cyprus a bit. :lol: While yes we might be a bit on the dusty side it's not actually that bad, it's Cyprus not Kenya... If i had a convertible i'd drive with the top down all the time (summer too).

Anyway not that any of you were asking but i thought i might explain why i still have so few posts under me, i called Fiat in Nicosia (Demades) last September and asked more details about the Mito. The guy told me an approximate price and told me that as soon as they had a Mito in Cyprus (he said around November) he'd call me to arrange for a test drive. I have yet to hear from them...

It's their loss because soon later i changed my mind and ended up buying something completely different. If he had gotten back to me sooner i might be a real Alfa Owner now. I still think Alfa's are cracking cars though! :)

Louki i hope you're enjoying your Spider mate! :thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm Cypriot so yes you could say i do drive in Cyprus a bit. :lol: While yes we might be a bit on the dusty side it's not actually that bad, it's Cyprus not Kenya... If i had a convertible i'd drive with the top down all the time (summer too).

Anyway not that any of you were asking but i thought i might explain why i still have so few posts under me, i called Fiat in Nicosia (Demades) last September and asked more details about the Mito. The guy told me an approximate price and told me that as soon as they had a Mito in Cyprus (he said around November) he'd call me to arrange for a test drive. I have yet to hear from them...

It's their loss because soon later i changed my mind and ended up buying something completely different. If he had gotten back to me sooner i might be a real Alfa Owner now. I still think Alfa's are cracking cars though! :)

Louki i hope you're enjoying your Spider mate! :thumbs:
Thanx ga41;)

BTW yesterday at the showroom they did have a mito left hand drive, it looks stunning style wise it does not compare with anything in its class..I was tempted to book a test drive :rolleyes:

GA

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Regarding what some guys say about having a convertible and driving with the top up, you failed to explain tou our international friends that in Cyprus during the summer months its 40C+ and hummidity is around 90%. I only have the hood down October-April:cool: the summer months its AC all the way!!
haha, it's quite ironic that a convertible can sometimes be cooler with the roof up... I personally would have the car open all the time at low speeds (up to like 40mph) but on the motorway it could be better to have it closed..

·
Registered
175 Posts
haha, it's quite ironic that a convertible can sometimes be cooler with the roof up... I personally would have the car open all the time at low speeds (up to like 40mph) but on the motorway it could be better to have it closed..
Bet you wouldn't drive it open all the time here in Dubai, at any speed. Summer daytime temps 46C +, min night temp 38C. :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
well the AC still works with the roof open doesn't it?

"AC works" yes, "AC effective" hardly. I also forgot to mention the 95% humidity.

Not saying it's not possible to drive open, but certainly no fun and you wouldn't want to turn up at any meetings after a 30 minute "sauna". If you've never experienced the Gulf in the summer, it's hard to imagine what the climate is like.

By the way sorry for going off tropic. :p

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

Hello Louki,

Its true what you said, that is why I will never buy a convertible as long as I live in Cyprus (well... never say never :lol:)
I am sure you enjoy your spider and I didn't mean to offend you.
My point is, that in Cyprus most of the people who buy a convertible it is just to say that "I have a convertible...", and nothing more. I now people with convertibles and I never ever saw them takin the roof down...
They spoil it for you guys who acually want to have a convertible

just had it serviced (one year service) basically an oil change 259 euros... not exactly thrilled about this but hey!
I took mine for the first service today, the price is a bit shocking, isn't it. 259euros for changing the oil only? Do they charge the same on 159s?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Nikola,

I was not offended by your comment on convertible owners, I love having the roof down but I hate arriving wherever im going as if i went through the car wash with the roof down...:lol:

Well the 159 has the same engine so I guess the service tariff is the same...they only "explained" that because its the spider they charge a little bit more on labour costs?!?!(was not amused with this comment basically we rip you off because of the model of your car)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Well the 159 has the same engine so I guess the service tariff is the same...they only "explained" that because its the spider they charge a little bit more on labour costs?!?!(was not amused with this comment basically we rip you off because of the model of your car)
Yeap... the first service on my Brera cost 206 euros... thats is a strange pricing policy.
But I tell you... when they told me 206 euros I was a bit relief, I expected around 300 euros

The guy told me an approximate price and told me that as soon as they had a Mito in Cyprus (he said around November) he'd call me to arrange for a test drive. I have yet to hear from them...
Mito will be available for test drive in one week. I asked the sales guy in the showroom yesterday.... So get in line:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts