Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the clubalfa site.
“ Surprise new communication from the FCA to the unions arrived today. This communication confirmed a brief recovery of production activities in the Cassino plant. Previously, FCA had confirmed that the plant would remain stationary (net of a component department that continues to work as it is linked to Sevel production) until next June 30th with the adoption of the exemption layoff and then the layoff ordinary.

According to what FCA confirmed to the unions today, the production of Alfa Romeo models in Cassino will resume next week. Exactly as happened in the first post lockdown recovery, the production activities will exclusively concern Giulia and Stelvio (the Giulietta line remains firm). As happened in May, the Cassino plant will remain active for three days (8.9 and 10 June). Subsequently, a new stop is expected which will continue until the end of June with the possibility of registering new reopenings if incoming orders allow it.

According to what emerges from trade union circles, during the three days of production recovery FCA expects to produce about 600 units per day (probably more Stelvio units than Giulia) thus reaching the same production level recorded last May. In total, therefore, between May and June FCA should produce 3600 units at the Cassino plant, a quantity that should be sufficient to dispose of the orders collected over the past few months.”

Three days at a time , to fulfill orders of Stelvios and Giulias.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Presumably then they have decided to not resurrect the Giulietta? A really stupid decision from a company full of stupid decision makers.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Didn’t they plan to make 9 cars by 2019? I can’t remember now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they hadn’t taken the range upmarket I don’t reckon they’d have got the deal with PSA who’ve got plenty of Astra and 308 type cars but no premium offerings.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Presumably then they have decided to not resurrect the Giulietta? A really stupid decision from a company full of stupid decision makers.
It’s all about CO2 production targets get limited as the years go by
Electric or hybrid Alfa’s or none at all

The European Parliament in its April vote recommended an indicative target range of 68–78 g/km for 2025. For the vans regulation: » A target value of 147 g/km of CO2 for 2020 is set. 0.0960, meaning that for every 100 kg additional vehicle weight the emission of 9.60 g/km more of CO2 is allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Putting Alfas with PSA and it’s lower Co2 cars is cheaper than pretending to be in business with Tesla to bring the average down.

·
Registered
34,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sales of the Giulietta were 80,000 in its first full year but down to under 900 a month even with pretty aggressive deals. It’s been some time since it’s demise was official. It’s a shame but the thing hasn’t been developed much in a decade except putting more stuff on and money off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if the biggest problem for Alfa is the people doing their focus groups. For those of us who are enthusiasts outside Italy, by and large I imagine we do (or should) reject SUV yet as the Giulietta leaves us the range is 2/3 SUV when the Tonale appears. Moreover Peugeot put out pics of that Electric 505 coupe rep and people went wild for it. Alfa might reflect a 105 Bertone, sud sprint or 116 gtv inspired vehicle may also be even more welcome. You can mount and electric motor low down like a boxer (not that I’m bias)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Alfa has - to large extent - done what Alfa thought best - supported by enthusiasts. Unfortunately competition is tougher and Alfa die hards are scarse. To survive - and avoid hefty penalties- Alfa need to adapt to the market- or do what other car companies with similar agenda has done - die.

The four models that are announced: Giulia, Stelvio, Tonale and "small SUV" - with more or less "electrification", seem to me to be first steps to survive.

DS has a major problem: no history - no stock of previous owners. Besides: what they have showed so far, does not create loyal fans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alfa has - to large extent - done what Alfa thought best - supported by enthusiasts. Unfortunately competition is tougher and Alfa die hards are scarse. To survive - and avoid hefty penalties- Alfa need to adapt to the market- or do what other car companies with similar agenda has done - die.

The four models that are announced: Giulia, Stelvio, Tonale and "small SUV" - with more or less "electrification", seem to me to be first steps to survive.

DS has a major problem: no history - no stock of previous owners. Besides: what they have showed so far, does not create loyal fans.
That is three suvs though. They have placed most of their eggs in an suv basket. Even JLR hasn’t gone that far and I can’t think of another manufacturer that has with maybe the exception of DS which most would accept has wandered down a blind alley. They need a hybrid Giulietta replacement and / or the Giulia coupe and soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts