Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that you can't buy key replacement parts for a five year old Alfa that only went out of production last year:confused:

Seemingly, Busso V6 oil coolers & associated pipe work aren't available & haven't been for some time:mad:

The same goes for the engines:rolleyes:

It's frigging annoying and is delaying our GT coming back:(

I thought there was some EU 10 year support rule?

Nightmare:cry:

M

·
0 Posts
I remember ordering the centre armrest 'lid' for my GTV years ago. The 'system' accepted the order......but I never did get the call to say it was with the dealer :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Alfa probably aren't that unusual in this respect. It's just that for the millions of Mondeos, Vectras and Astras out there, there are another million companies making reasonable quality pattern bits so you don't notice the difference.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
There is something about providing spare parts to the market for a period of time (I thought it was 7 years from end of production but that was a while back and may have been updated)... Not sure if it has to be the original manufacturer or exactly how it breaks down.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I had issues with this a few years back when I tried to but part of the front bumper for my 156 FL. The car was just out of production and yet I was told that the parts were not available. I think from memory I was told that by law a manufacturer only has to carry stock for a car for 5 years. Alfa obviuosly pay no attention to this and just cover it up with an excuse such as "it has been revised and updated so is no longer needed". Interestingly enough BMW keep stock for their cars for 15 years. I managed to order geniune service and body parts for my 1981 E12 M535i only last year. They also appologised as it took 2 days to get the new central locking mechanism and door pins from Germany :eek: I mean come on...can you imagine Alfa being that good. The guy who served my didn't even break a sweat! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts