Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I would like you to share with me your opinion, your thoughts.

Next month I will getting my Alfa Spider 73 currently red a serious body work.
When I bought this car, 3 months ago, I got it with plenty of small scrtaches, a dent, two tone of red between the bonnet and the body, some point of rust.

it is time to restaure it to she deserve, a beautiful dress.

Now I have problem, I can get re spray in red, classic for an alfa spider, but in Singapore they are ALL red. Dont get me wrong I like my red, yet I am wondering if I could get a different colour for my car to stand up a little higher.

So guys, what do you think, red? dark grey?, black?, pearl?

I look forward to get your view...

Andre

·
Registered
108 Posts
In my opinion it's only worth a change of colour if you are going to do a full restoration ie strip down completely and respray everywhere.

I have to admit I'm partial to white, (owning two myself). Think it really works well with the Alfa contours.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I agree with halfnelson on the strip down and respray.
I like the dark green for a spider with black and silver Vegas(wheels)
Mine is red with silver Vegas:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Sorry I must have not been clear (excuse my french:D ).
By seriousely I mean complete re spray of course...

Ok so that 's one for white, and one more for a change of colour.

Next...

Please I need the most opinion possible just to make myself even more miserable to pick my choice...

A

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the problem with colour changes is how thorough you are with the respray - I think that nothing lets down an otherwise beautiful car more than opening the engine bay, doors or boot, and seeing a different colour than the exterior.
I'm terribly biased towards Verde Inglese (green), but I saw a Spider recently in that 'French Blue' shade and thought it looked fantastic - and individual. Don't know, colour is a very subjective thing..

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If you are sticking to original colours the range initially was red, yellow, blue, white, green, yellow, silver if I remember correctly. In the US I believe there was a wider range. Silver is nice in my opinion and would be my second choice.

If you do it red it may be boringly repetitive but the car will be easier to sell when it comes to that time and possibly worth a bit more.

If you are interested in using a non standard colour then obviously the choice is almost infinite but the nicest non standard colour I ever saw on a spider was a beautiful metallic silver/lightblue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
To throw my hat in, I went out to buy a red spider with black interior and ended up with a dutch blue and claret interior ! - Dutch Blue gets my vote !

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sea green metallic, see avatar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is a great colour.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
My roundtail Spider is resale red but before I bought it I looked at a couple of others, one in dark blue and one in dark green. They both looked great and I've seen pictures of a black roundtail that also looked terrific - I think the darker colours really suit the older cars.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This is a great colour.

That's the one. If I was doing a non original colour thats what I'd go for, or maybe even a slightly lighter blue metallic. There's a wonderful Mercedes powder blue on early Pagoda tops that is perfect.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's the one. If I was doing a non original colour thats what I'd go for, or maybe even a slightly lighter blue metallic. There's a wonderful Mercedes powder blue on early Pagoda tops that is perfect.
Thanks for agreeing with me about the colour. It is an original colour for the series 3 I have the original brochure for the car with this colour. Oh and by the way I was looking for a Red one !!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Although mine is red, I still hanker after a Dutch Blue somedays. With red interior. The proper 'wine' red interior as they were originally, not the modern equivolent which to my eyes looks kind of dark pink!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts