Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owning an Alfa is just a wee bit different from other cars...but if there was a rule book to keep her on the road...what would be the top 3 or 5 rules ?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Owning an Alfa is just a wee bit different from other cars...but if there was a rule book to keep her on the road...what would be the top 3 or 5 rules ?
Based on my (nearly) a year of ownership, the main thing seems to be time. She need more time spent on her than other cars I have owned.

·
Registered
12,904 Posts
Keep it topped up with oil.
Change the cambelt at regular intervals.
Drive it regularly.
Make sure you know where the red line is :D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
1. Check Oil Constantly
2. Don't take it to Quick Fit
3. Don't watch 5th Gear

·
Registered
494 Posts
Oil is priority one with Alfa's ESP TS's!

But enjoy it, they are made to be enjoyed, not potter around!

These fear story's with Alfa's are sometimes exaggerated over the entire range.
I've seen Peugeots have electrical fires, vauxhalls with unreliable engines and Mercedes having ECU issues.

It's just Alfa's prefer to be looked after.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the front suspension
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the rear suspension
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the engine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the front suspension
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the rear suspension
Don't spent time effort and money trying to trace worrying noises from the engine
nice!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts