Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need an estate car but i think it need a decent sized one and maybe a 156 sw isn't enough, and though i could stretch to a 159 (second hand, i'm not that daft) i don't think i want to.

so.....i am on holiday soon - need to take 5 people, a dog and luggage a fair distance

not an alfa task

so..........if i p/x my 156 for bugger all against a Saab 95 estate or similar, what would be the best alfa to get to *** about with for weekends and that

maybe 2k max to spend
no need to house more than 1 kiddie for this purpose

ideas welcomed (and if I buy a scooby or a saab estate - can i still come and play here?):confused:

D

·
0 Posts
£2000 tops for an Alfa Romeo to rag around the weekends? 166 Super pre-face lift. They have no depreciation left so you won't get shafted at the re-sale either, :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
£2000 tops for an Alfa Romeo to rag around the weekends? 166 Super pre-face lift. They have no depreciation left so you won't get shafted at the re-sale either, :thumbs:
cheers mate

and since you're here

decent sized estate as per requirement?

i was looking at a scooby forester - but isn't that just an impreza with a soft roader bodysuit?

D

·
0 Posts
Next door neighbor has a Forrester, it is very Impreza looking BUT he manages to get LOADS in it, so it wouldn't be a bad buy at all, they seem really capable of storing shed loads of gear in, :thumbs:

Having said that, I had a 156 Sportwagon for a short while (As I would, :lol: ) and I thought they were quite roomy, would easily sit 5 people plus a decent whack of luggage in, plus they're not as expensive or as depreciation heavy hitting as 159's of course.

D

·
0 Posts
Go for it mate, as long as you don't take too much of a cash hit with all this it's a fun game to play, :lol:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Estate car - What about a Fiat Croma? Depreciation means they're great value second hand and you'd be staying with the Italian theme. Otherwise, you can't really beat a Mondeo.

Weekend car - I hear Kev's old Sud could be up for sale at well under £2000.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok latest is i'm looking at.........well..........everything.......i can't make my chuffing mind up :confused:

zafira

freelander

??????????

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Make a list of things you want and need from your new car and we'll find an Alfa to suit. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts