Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, dunno wether this post is in the right place, but just wanted a shout out to whoever put the AO leaflet under my wiper blade while i shopped in ASDA tonight (22nd Sept) In blackburn! :thumbs:
Who are you....:confused:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Depends if you want to hit them or congratulate them ???? :lol:

Hang around, you might enjoy it ! ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Phew! close one that was? I thought for a moment someone was going to invoke the laws of trespass, or worse, criminal damage?:D:lol:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
welcome aboard 4leaf.

keep an eye out here: North West - Alfa Romeo Forum for AlfaOwner north west stuff, we have regular meets around the NW - in fact we're having one this saturday in blackpool as it happens. fancy joining us? we're a broad church at AONW and new faces are always made very very welcome:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Welcome to another AONW'er! :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Acapulco cheers for the invite, id have come along but I gotta gig on saturday with my band in oswaldtwistle!maybe next time!
Cheers 4 the flyer, how do i get some to return the favour?!

Heres my alfa story....
1. Purchased a beauty of a 145 cloverleaf "2.0" in zoe yellow, mint codition..
2. Only had one hang up, the old 'rev's itself routine'
3. No big deal, gotta diagnostic for £40 and it showed up the throttle body faulty (worn intake)
4. Got a Working throttle body from a breaker (Richard, in padiham) who kindly fit it for me...
5. DISASTER still the same, stalling when slowing down from high revs, reving up to 2,500 revs when in idle...
6. NIGHTMARE got told my engine wasnt actually the 2.0l which was written on the log book, it is apparently a smaller engine? its a Twin spark plastic top, but dunno which one...
7. Would this explain the Throttle body replacement not working for me? What should I do next?

Any help appreciated guys as im losing my love with this car rapido!!
cheers, AL:D

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome 4leaf....was that you in Scorton on sunday :thumbs:

Ps AONW Rocks....great bunch of guys & gals :D

Pps....start a thread in tech lounge....i'm shure someone will be able to help solve your probs

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
WOOHOO!!!!!! A result!

yes twas me that flyered you, thats a very nice looking zoe 145 you have there mate!

do you know the person with the grey 145 cloverleaf that was parked a few spaces away from you too? i flyered him/her too :)

confession actually, it wasnt me it was my mate J9, i was too shy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
didnt know the other owner Gaz, just a coincidence that was! are u clued up on ur alfas then pal? wudnt mind a meet up and pick ur brains for 5 mins pal!
PS wheres Scorton??:rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
4leaf Our Tech lounges are Great mate just post a thread in there and help will appear ;) :D

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
what the happy fella said! im reasonably up on my Alfas, i know my way round a twin spark anyway!

give us a message if your stuck pal, il be happy to help you out :thumbs:

where abouts are you then? im guessing your reasonably local seen as you were in blackburn and you have a gig in ossy on saturday?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts