Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Thought I would drop a wee note to introduce myself, I have lived in central Scotland all my life and have just made probably the best purchase ever, I have a 2000 Alfa 156 2.0 T.Spark Lusso in Black with Green interior and Wood trim, I have owned a lot of cars in my time (although I am still only 29) and this car beats them all hands down, I've even planned my next car when I replace this one in two years, and you've guessed it, it will be a newer version of the 156 :)

Feel free to drop me a line anytime, Will be great to hear other peoples experiences, when you speak to people who don't own an Alfa, they don't see what all the fuss is about, but I bet all of you out there know exactly what i'm talking about.

Speak soon all

Korky

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Welcome to AO Korky!
Post some piccies of the Alfa!
:cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Korky, welcome to AOer.com :)

As it seems no one asked before (;)) it would be nice to see some piccies of your Alfa. :cool:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
'ello Korky. :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hi Korky, :)

A few of us here from central Scotland, glad you can join us :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to hear from you guy's and gals, as requested I have got my digital camera at the ready, so will have some pickies of my alfa by tomorrow, just to let you all know, I bid for a nice new gearknob from E-bay with the cross and serpent logo on the top, thought it was a bargain at £40, boy was I stung lol, found out they retail for £22.99, so beware....

·
Registered
893 Posts
Congratulations on your first Alfa, and I'm glad your enjoying it.

I have noticed over the last year or two the increase in the number of Alfa's on the road in Central Scotland, and its good to see. Always brings a smile to see another "lucky" driver on the road.

By the way, how many of the Scotland AO members are going to the Italian Car Day on the 29 May???

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
EcosseOz said:
Congratulations on your first Alfa, and I'm glad your enjoying it.

I have noticed over the last year or two the increase in the number of Alfa's on the road in Central Scotland, and its good to see. Always brings a smile to see another "lucky" driver on the road.

By the way, how many of the Scotland AO members are going to the Italian Car Day on the 29 May???
What Italian Car Day??. It's a possibility; tell me where please.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Fraser said:
What Italian Car Day??. It's a possibility; tell me where please.
It was in Craigtoun Park near St Andrews last year, and was a great day. :)

Same venue this year as far as I know :confused:

I am going to go but unfortunatly for legal reasons I wont be driving so my 146 wont be there :(

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Fraser said:
Is there a website or something - how do I find out about it?
The AROC website should have some info. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
The Scottish Italian Car Day is run by AROC Scotland and is normally last weekend in May (this year the 29th). Its been going about 6 or so years now. It used to be held at Falkland Palace, but they changed to Craigtoun Park last year. Its a better venue (especially if the weather is good, as it was last year). Its at the back of St Andrews.

All the Italian cars park up, by make on the grass and there are a couple of stalls etc, incl. Arnold Clark Alfa (Perth) who have a display of new cars.

I reckon around 600 Italian cars were there last year, covering most makes (Ferrari's & Maserati's incl.).

Well worth a day out. Starts about 1030/1100 hrs.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah Falkland used to get a bit muddy at times!! :rolleyes:

Was really lucky with the weather last year, and the grass was in really good condition. Great selection of Italian cars to be seen! :cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats a definite then, will be going to that, will be bringing the 156 along with me, may also have a 155 V6 in toe, James I hope your reading this!! If anyones wondering what i'm talking about, I have a good friend who should be recognised (James Bolton) he is the gentleman who has introduced me to the Alfa experience, he currently has an Alfa 155 V6 which is currently unroadworthy :( , with a little TLC I know he would love to have it back on the road soon, I have volunteered to help in this task, so if not showing it in May, will be on the road soon after (We hope)!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hey korkytcat

Dunfermline eh, there is a fair few of us around dunfermline. Used to have a silver 156, sadly no more, black punto now.

Will look out for you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good guy's, make a point of catching up with you all at the Italian car meet, I have taken some photies of the Alfa, so will get them uploaded just shortly and let you see my new baby. Is it just me, or do you feel an increasing feeling of contempt now for BMW drivers?? for some reason they all seem they have to prove something to an Alfa driver! I drove down to Berwick upon Tweed at the weekend to see James and it was BMW wacky races, everyone I saw had the compulsive need to race me!! obviously, being the obliging guy that I am, how could I refuse :D needless to say ALFA RULES!!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts