Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a desperate bid for respect, I have traded my trusty old grey Ford Mundane in part-exchange for a 2015 Giulietta 150MA. As we say in South London: “Like me new wheels, John?” Here is one of them.

I’ll have to change my familiar old “Resting Between Alfas” status on here, I suppose. Here’s the rest of the car. I was going to say: “Here’s my rosso red bella,” but that would have lost me any respect again. And my self respect.

Great to be back in Alfa ownership. Experienced a wave of nostalgia when the dash display told me it was minus 3 degrees with the risk of ice, on a warm sunny day.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
Excellent news! :party: :)
Congratulations - I'm sure the Mondeo - Alfa transition will improve your happiness quotient immeasurably *:thumbs:

* it certainly did for me!

·
Registered
35,151 Posts
Congrats!
I’ll look out for your car if I venture in the direction of Orpington in the Stelvio.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,990 Posts
Experienced a wave of nostalgia when the dash display told me it was minus 3 degrees with the risk of ice, on a warm sunny day.
God bless you, Alfa. Nothing changes :)

Reactions: Al Faromeo

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats!
I’ll look out for your car if I venture in the direction of Orpington in the Stelvio.
Yes, we'd both better look out - the idea of two forum members colliding is marginally worse than the thought of crashing into a Marmite tanker.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you folks. Yesterday I deliberately kept in N until I was familiar with the handling etc. Today I used the "push to pass", switching to D while flooring the throttle. A very silly feature, but what lunatic good fun.

·
Registered
35,151 Posts
Saw a 2015 Giulietta Sprint looking just like yours in Bromley today. You don’t shop at Tesco do you?
Or it could be the one belonging to the Matt, guy who serviced our boiler.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yesterday, Cue2, I drove from beautiful Orpington to Bromley North (now referred to as Bromley Village, though not by me) at 8am, back at about midday, and did it again at 6:30pm and returned at 9pm.

No I don't go to Bromley Tesco, and you wouldn't want me servicing your boiler. On Sunday I parked it at Locksbottom Sainsbury's, and when I returned another red one had been parked immediately opposite - definitely deliberately, as there were many empty spaces. Two other Giuliettas live within half a mile, and yet another sometimes parks nearby.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There’s a story about buying my Giulietta, and now it can be told.

Saw exactly the car I wanted (right age, mileage and colour) on the website of Arnold Clark in Bolton, at a very good price. Being 257 miles from home I wasn’t about to pop in, but they offered (for £95) to transport it to a trading estate at Lingfield in Sussex where I could test drive it. I read the documents as implying I was committed to buying, but they put in writing that I wasn’t, and their people at both locations were helpful and accommodating without being pushy.

Inspected it – immaculate. Drove it – fine. Various details were just as I’d choose them: the grey mock-carbon fibre trim, the 17” five hole wheels, cloth upholstery for veggie daughter, even down to manually-operated carbon grey mirrors.

Two weeks into ownership: engine warning light. The fault codes were read by Day & White’s at Brands Hatch, and showed the multiair unit was on the way out.

There’s no suggestion Arnold Clark knew of this problem – there’s no way they could have. The real test of a business is how it handles things that go wrong. I spoke to David Griffin, the General Manager at Bolton, and we discussed returning or fixing the car, and which would suit each of us best. It was like a series of friendly chats trying to solve a problem together. In the end I had the multiair unit replaced at the garage of my choice (the excellent Day & Whites) and Arnold Clark sent me a cheque to pay the bill.

Result: I have a car in excellent condition, paid a very reasonable price for it, and have nothing but praise for Arnold Clark.

·
Registered
35,151 Posts
A good news story!
After all the criticism of Arnold Clark it’s nice to hear it worked out ok for you.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
There’s a story about buying my Giulietta, and now it can be told.

Two weeks into ownership: engine warning light. The fault codes were read by Day & White’s at Brands Hatch, and showed the multiair unit was on the way out.

In the end I had the multiair unit replaced at the garage of my choice (the excellent Day & Whites) and Arnold Clark sent me a cheque to pay the bill.

Result: I have a car in excellent condition, paid a very reasonable price for it, and have nothing but praise for Arnold Clark.
Did you not have some other work done at the same time? Best not to ask how I know!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts