Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I've attached a picture of my GTV which I am in the process of de - chavving.

Can anyone identify the top spoiler? Is it an Alfa item or an aftermarket item? How does it come off? Indeed should it come off?

The wheels have already been swopped for 17" Teledials and the extra badges have gone as have the two petrol flaps.

I have found the paint code sticker, but no code or name! What colour name/code is it?

Thanks and I'll be in Epsom on Sunday, so see you there!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The top spoiler is aftermarket. And.... it is ugly...!! Burn it. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
burn list
window spoiler
boonet scoop

genuine alfa zender
boot spoiler,
side skirts
front wings

and i think the front splitter is novitec

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ah, I'm sure I remember a thread about this car a while back - think the consensus view was that under the 'tat' there was a great car waiting to get out lol! Glad to hear you're restoring your bella to somewhere near normality! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
i quite like the second rear spoiler, in addition to the Aero one i think it sets it off quite nicely...

the scoops, the petrol flaps and the wheels do look a little OTT though, glad to see it is being turned back to its former glory

·
Registered
458 Posts
imo,

ditch the top spoiler, keep the rear (looks like aero kit spoiler to me)

ditch the hood scooop, keep the cup side openings.

ditch petrol things (as you have), keep side skirts and front lip

the wheels werent that bad imo.. but teles will look :thumbs:

keep us updated with new pics>! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ouch! I've seen the original thread, and you boys are harsh.

I bought her and paid top dollar - £4695, because I wanted a Silver GTV V6 with red leather and low miles. Having lived with her since October, her blingness is starting to grow on me, but don't despair as funds are available, the de-chavving process will continue, because it is what I want. It would be OK if she was a little different.

The plan is to bin the bonnet (anyone know of a replacement?) and the top spoiler if it does not need major surgery post removal. Unfortunately removing the dummy petrol cap has left a shadow on the paint (****), so I need to get that quarter repainted, and as the paint is in the gun.........

Done a load of little jobs as clearly one of the previous owner was a bodger. She passed her MOT with only a CV boot as an advisory, as previously picked up at an Autolusso Saturday morning health check. That'll have to wait until I can afford a Q2 and then it will be done at the same time. I have a fair bit of documentation that leads me to believe the mileage (now 24K) is genuine and looking underneath her seems to bear that out.

Some of you said have seen her before, any more info?

Anyway she'll be a rolling work in progress for sometime due to lack of funds, but someday she'll be stunning again at which point I'll probably have to sell her.

It's not always about the destination, but also about the journey, and I have already made some new friends who have a taste for the Italian way.

Will post some pictures soon and maybe see you on Sunday at Allams!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
i have the window spoiler and at first didnt like it but as time goes by and when it sits beside another gtv it does really set it of.keep it.also that gtv was on here a while ago,someone had asked the question,what do you think of this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts