Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks! Finally managed to get my hands on a Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde this week and yes, it was worth the wait! Take a look here and please don’t forget to like and subscribe. Comments welcome too! ����

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice video and after 2 years with mine couldn't agree more......no issues and no regrets!

I guess you'll be buying one??

Reactions: Unclejam

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Vospers must be pretty decent letting you take these things out - assuming you're not buying one of course.

Might have to get on decent terms with my local dealership...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Folks! Finally managed to get my hands on a Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde this week and yes, it was worth the wait! Take a look here and please don’t forget to like and subscribe. Comments welcome too! ����

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViyGoi3hKHg
Please take this as constructive and not a takedown ... and I may just be a little bit nerdy, but I felt this video was overly heavy on artistic puff (pointless sudden zooms for example) and way too light on any real content. It seems to me doing a video on the Q so late really requires something more to set it apart from all the earlier videos - and this does much less, not more.

I love the Giulia, but I opted for the Veloce rather than the Q ... and I am STILL rehearsing the arguments for and against one over the other after a year of ownership ... and am still not sure if I made the right choice or not. Mostly I am sure I did, but at times I feel I didn't. I was kind of hoping for more insight I guess.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love the Giulia, but I opted for the Veloce rather than the Q ... and I am STILL rehearsing the arguments for and against one over the other after a year of ownership ... and am still not sure if I made the right choice or not. Mostly I am sure I did, but at times I feel I didn't. I was kind of hoping for more insight I guess.
"I love my wife, but I wish I had a better one. We've been married a year now and, well I don't love her at all actually. The one I've got is really sexy, she turns heads on the street and I love getting inside her. But I can't help think I could do better for myself".

So divorce her and get it over with. Let Ms G.V be cherished by someone that will adore her.

Alfas have emotions too. You uncaring *******:judge:

My 147 has been with me since 2006. I still love her. An Alfa is not just for Christmas:judge::judge::judge:

Divorce denied. Next!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice video and after 2 years with mine couldn't agree more......no issues and no regrets!

I guess you'll be buying one??
Yep, for sure when my BMW is up for changing next Spring I’ll be getting a QV.

Reactions: bucketbot

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please take this as constructive and not a takedown ... and I may just be a little bit nerdy, but I felt this video was overly heavy on artistic puff (pointless sudden zooms for example) and way too light on any real content. It seems to me doing a video on the Q so late really requires something more to set it apart from all the earlier videos - and this does much less, not more.

Sorry you didnt like it but I wasn’t trying to give any blinding insights - as you say I am filming a QV video several years after it was released, so the objective was for me to actually enjoy driving it and try to entertain. If you want cerebral analysis of a car, don’t bother watching any more of my vids! Isn’t it a bit pointless continuing to debate which model is best after you already bought the Veloce?

Reactions: bucketbot

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio MY20
1,204 Posts
Sorry to correct you but the car is the Quadrifoglio Verde - hence the “QV”
Actually I believe you're mistaken as Alfa officially dropped the 'Verde' with the new Giulia. It's the Giulia Quadrifoglio, no Verde, unlike previous models like the Giulietta and earlier. Some still refer to it as the QV but strictly speaking it isn't.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok fair comment, I was just echoing what I’d heard and read elsewhere.

Excerpt taken from Wikipedia: “Current Alfa Romeo models to wear the Quadrifoglio badge are the high performance versions of the Giulia and Stelvio. Although the verde adjective is not used with these models, the QV abbreviation is still often used informally when referring to them, for example Alfa Romeo Giulia QV.”

Reactions: MattMatt1

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're wrong.
There is no "V" in any form of any documentation or brochure.
Ok I’m wrong, perhaps we can move on :rofl:
On another note, it looks to me like the current model ride height is lower compared to earlier cars - the wheel arch gaps seem smaller to my eyes. Have you lowered yours with shorter springs?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ok I’m wrong, perhaps we can move on :rofl:
On another note, it looks to me like the current model ride height is lower compared to earlier cars - the wheel arch gaps seem smaller to my eyes. Have you lowered yours with shorter springs?
Quite possibility he has because I believe that from 2018 the ride height was actually raised a small amount.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You're wrong.
There is no "V" in any form of any documentation or brochure.
Maybe. And I've been guilty of using the term myself a couple of times. But that's not what it's called.
There's plenty of documentation calling it a QV. Refer to my post on the US Giulia forums for a number of examples (nowhere near exhaustive).

Ride height on the Quadrifoglio was raised in 2017, and brought back to original in 2018. Both times due to customer complaints.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry you didnt like it but I wasn’t trying to give any blinding insights - as you say I am filming a QV video several years after it was released, so the objective was for me to actually enjoy driving it and try to entertain. If you want cerebral analysis of a car, don’t bother watching any more of my vids! Isn’t it a bit pointless continuing to debate which model is best after you already bought the Veloce?
I didn't say I didn't enjoy it (I am happy to see anything Alfa on youtube), but I was just left feeling it didn't add anything which was a shame given there was no rush to publish as it were.

As it was my first view of any of your stuff, it might well be that a more gritty look would not have suited your regular audience which is fine too.

I most definitely didn't want to sully your channel by making the comments there.

You are prefectly entitled to disregard anything I say, I merely proferred it for your reflection to reject or otherwise entirely as you see fit. I am sorry if you felt I was 'having a go'. I did not intend it like that ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts