Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
A good 2.0 is quite a pleasant wee beastie.....enjoying running one around at the moment:)

L

·
0 Posts
RGWM speaks alot of truth. You can open/remove the LONG black side cover of the engine to inspect the timing belt. As long as the belt is running straight on the pulleys you should be ok, assuming the engine is nt over heating.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, well I shall give that a definate final check, its such a sweet drive, I'm just jealous its not all mine! Lusso trim was the full leather interior I thought? It hasnt got the wooden steering wheel in any case, interior is mint too.:inlove:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Excellent, well I shall give that a definate final check, its such a sweet drive, I'm just jealous its not all mine! Lusso trim was the full leather interior I thought? It hasnt got the wooden steering wheel in any case, interior is mint too.:inlove:
ahh my first Alfa was a 156 2.0 Lusso TS. That had red alfa stamped leather and the wooden trim including steering wheel. Was a great drive too. A bit cammy, but in my ignorance i didnt care. I wouldn't worry too much about the steering wheel, I've heard that the 156's often had various trims, depending on the day of the week:lol: Mine can be seen in my gallery on here.

Enjoy it, very smooth motor.

L

·
0 Posts
2.0 16v Twin Spark much better than a V6 in soooo many ways, even though some peeps on ere swear by V6's...
Really? I've just gone from a 1.8 156 to a V6 156, and the V6 is soo much superior, the only 2.0TS that comes anywhere near was my 145 cloverleaf.

G

·
0 Posts
Oh I love my V6....
But I have to admit my 2.0TS Lusso was a little cracker and seemed better balanced. Unique to all other 4 pots engines and sounds lovely on full throttle.;)

On the other hand... My V6 Lusso seems to be better screwed together and I can't live without that roaring V6 howl... Oh god... yes:D

·
Registered
416 Posts
My TS Lusso was one of the earliest (1997 build), velour seats and mohogany steering wheel. Quite conservative to look at but goes like **** off a shovel

·
Registered
494 Posts
Really? I've just gone from a 1.8 156 to a V6 156, and the V6 is soo much superior, the only 2.0TS that comes anywhere near was my 145 cloverleaf.
Yeah it's better in so many ways.
Fuel consumption, Tax, insurance parts and service costs and the 2.0 TS noise is superb...

L

·
0 Posts
Yeah it's better in so many ways.
Fuel consumption, Tax, insurance parts and service costs and the 2.0 TS noise is superb...
Fuel is the same, i've had a few twinnies, when you're old like me insurance dont matter :lol:

I do kinda agree with you on the engine noise the TS does sound better, though the V6 has its own roar. Hope you do go to llandow circuit next year Kev we'll have to put ours round the circuit at the same time!! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Fuel is the same, i've had a few twinnies, when you're old like me insurance dont matter :lol:

I do kinda agree with you on the engine noise the TS does sound better, though the V6 has its own roar. Hope you do go to llandow circuit next year Kev we'll have to put ours round the circuit at the same time!! :)
My ego will take over, I reckon timed laps!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts